Zastava?

When a rifle of (mostly) European factory has word "american" in model name or designation, often it indicates a model without iron sights.
Example is CZ rimfires , or Zastava m70 american etc etc..
I thought that the American model denotes the type of Stock the rife has, I don't believe the sights have anything to do with it
 
I thought that the American model denotes the type of Stock the rife has, I don't believe the sights have anything to do with it

I believe it does with CZ. You never see iron sights on an American model unless it is a Magnum Safari.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.50 PM.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.52 PM.png
    917 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.02.54 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 138
[QUOTE="
I honestly don't personally know anyone who hunts any game using 7.62X39mm ammunition but I've seen plenty of posts elsewhere by people who do, at least for feral hogs. I've always mentally categorized it as an antipersonnel cartridge and not also as a hunting cartridge but that's just my personal paradigm. Same as the Underwood M1 carbine I had even further back in my younger & lower discretionary income days. I never took that M1 carbine hunting. My 6.5X52mm Carcano carbine was my hunting rifle back then.[/QUOTE]
I have a friend whose wife shoots a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 and kills whitetails with it every year. But it is not that common a hunting cartridge, I agree.
 
I've had very good luck with my so far, a model 70 in .375h&h.
 
[QUOTE="
I honestly don't personally know anyone who hunts any game using 7.62X39mm ammunition but I've seen plenty of posts elsewhere by people who do, at least for feral hogs. I've always mentally categorized it as an antipersonnel cartridge and not also as a hunting cartridge but that's just my personal paradigm. Same as the Underwood M1 carbine I had even further back in my younger & lower discretionary income days. I never took that M1 carbine hunting. My 6.5X52mm Carcano carbine was my hunting rifle back then.
I have a friend whose wife shoots a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 and kills whitetails with it every year. But it is not that common a hunting cartridge, I agree.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting your friend's wife yet.

Joking aside there are no caliber or cartridge restrictions or minimums for hunting here in Texas. I've seen posts on other forums, but don't personally know anyone who does so.
 
Joking aside there are no caliber or cartridge restrictions or minimums for hunting here in Texas.
Granted there are very few but at least one restriction I know of is it’s illegal to hunt native deer with a rimfire.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,816
Members
169,418
Latest member
BridgettTr
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top