Wanted Swift A-Frame .458 350gr Projectiles

MRodrigues1991

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
As title says, let me know if anyone has any laying around they're looking to get rid of, thanks!

I’m curious what cartridge you are loading with that bullet?

going to try them in my 45/70
I found it curious that swift doesn’t include this in the 458 Lott loading Data or the 458 Win Mag loading data but does for the 450 Marlin and the 45-70. I’m curious why?

I found it curious that swift doesn’t include this in the 458 Lott loading Data or the 458 Win Mag loading data but does for the 450 Marlin and the 45-70. I’m curious why?
It’s a good question, my guess would be that most people shooting a Lott or a win mag have the powder capacity to shoot larger weight bullets at appropriate speeds so why go smaller? I don’t think bullet integrity is an issue from the larger calibers shooting the bullet too fast as there are much faster 30 calibers shooting AFrames much faster.

There may be a technical answer but I am not aware of it

Tough to know for sure, but would be a fantastic plains game bullet and would flatten the trajectory on the Lott. I’ve been a fan of light for cal bullets in my 340 Weatherby using 180 gr for deer, and 300 grain for moose. I never knew they made the 350 grain in .457 untilI I saw your post, but it gave me the old “Spock“ eyebrow raise when I saw your post. I might have to experiment a little.

I also own a lott, may throw a couple test bullets there to see what speeds/performance I can get :Woot:

Surprisingly Swift had some 350gr .458 at DSC...glad I snagged a couple boxes because they appear to be unobtainium now.

You might check to see if NF has any 350gr available. That is the bullet I loaded in my 450 Dakota for Eland....which I never got to test on flesh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyDunfor

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani