Want To Buy Pelican Air 1615

NIGHTHAWK

Gold supporter
AH legend
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
2,280
Reaction score
6,906
Location
CA - NV
Media
148
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
3
Mex/S.Amer
1
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
RSA, CANADA, USA, NZ, MEXICO
Considering taking a Pelican Air Case for my October trip.

If anyone has one that is no longer using it, please reach out to discuss. I’ve sold a couple Pelican cases (Different sizes/types) on here in the recent past, so I know shipping can be expensive.

Thanks!
 
Scheels was were I got my pelican v800 with free shipping on a black friday special. Might be worth a look there. I opted not to take my pelican 1750 case back after last time when the airline help knocked on latch open and and the rifle slid almost to the outside. Thankfully, one of the four locks held it closed just enough.
 
@NIGHTHAWK - The big knock on the Pelican Air series are weak spots at the corners and wheels. The abuse that checked luggage sees is incredible. My wife and I switched to the Pelican Protector 1560's for checked luggage and only use Pelican Air for carry-on where baggage handlers can't touch it. The Protector series is heavier, but they always come out unscathed.

This is a Pelican Air 1615 with a damaged corner. Pelican will repair/replace it under warranty, but it does little good until you get the bag home. I've also seen a person in the airport with bashed in wheels on a Pelican Air.
1787681148696.png
 
Just an aside, was that 1615 stored in climate controlled space?
 
Considering taking a Pelican Air Case for my October trip.

If anyone has one that is no longer using it, please reach out to discuss. I’ve sold a couple Pelican cases (Different sizes/types) on here in the recent past, so I know shipping can be expensive.

Thanks!
I have a nice 2 gun Americase I could let you borrow! :D
 
Just an aside, was that 1615 stored in climate controlled space?
The 1615 I saw with the bashed in wheel had just come off a flight and still needed to make another one to get home. Not sure what the climate in the luggage area was, but it's sure to be colder than the ground temp. Having a "frozen" bag at altitude wouldn't be out of the ordinary depending on conditions. And summer temps while on the tarmac aren't exactly friendly either.

Pelican started making the ATX series of luggage that are travel friendly. Meaning they are light, have roller wheels and are less than 62" in all added linear dimensions. Of course it comes at a price...a $700 price. YIKES! And I was under the impression that you were trying to do this on the cheap.
1787684723626.png
 
Last edited:
Should have been clearer with my question. When at home, is it stored climate controlled? I’ve noticed a significant increase in failures on my pelican like cases stored in the Texas heat year round in the garage.

Curious

My 1615 and 1750 are stored inside. No failure so far, but not very old.
 
@NIGHTHAWK - The big knock on the Pelican Air series are weak spots at the corners and wheels. The abuse that checked luggage sees is incredible. My wife and I switched to the Pelican Protector 1560's for checked luggage and only use Pelican Air for carry-on where baggage handlers can't touch it. The Protector series is heavier, but they always come out unscathed.

This is a Pelican Air 1615 with a damaged corner. Pelican will repair/replace it under warranty, but it does little good until you get the bag home. I've also seen a person in the airport with bashed in wheels on a Pelican Air.
View attachment 787480
Good to know
 
Should have been clearer with my question. When at home, is it stored climate controlled? I’ve noticed a significant increase in failures on my pelican like cases stored in the Texas heat year round in the garage.

Curious

My 1615 and 1750 are stored inside. No failure so far, but not very old.
Had ours for less than 10 years and see about 3-4 trips a year. Yes, stored in the house.

I can see where storing them in a garage or storage unit could cause the plastic to break down more quickly, but that would happen with any hard-sided luggage. And the ones that are made to be lighter and thinner...are going to see those problems first.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,712
Members
169,832
Latest member
clevarphreakun1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top