Would you hunt with it?

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Today I tested the final iteration of the loads I plan to hunt with in Zim. This is with the Krieghoff 470 using new federal brass that still contains the federal 216 primers. This is the same load I have been practicing with, but using the 215's. Obviously I'll be using new brass on the hunt so I wanted to test and make sure this load still regulated and shot accurately with the new brass and 216 primer. This is 2 softs, swift A Frame over 111.5 grains of H4831sc at approx. 2180. The the slightly lower pair is 500 grain CEB solids over 110 grains of H4831sc. At approx 2180. I did not chrono them with the 216.primers but that was the speed with the 215's I don't suspect much difference in velocity. This is a 2.5" sticker at 42 yards. Yeah, 42 because it's icy outside and that is where I set it down at. I plan to make a small adjustment to the right. The lowest right shot is the first shot. Both groups had right barrel on the right and left barrel on the left. Obviously since I will be shooting the elephant with the solids and it presents the smallest kill zone I will make sure the absolute zero is for the solids as long as the softs are within an inch or so as they are here.
20230202_101059.jpg
20230202_101107.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!