Working Rifle

You know that rifle that comes out when its time to show off around the camp fire.
Not that one.
The one you took the Kudu with while resting against the ant heap. The one with the thorn scratches on the stock and the flat spot on the bottom where you fell when the Warthog ran between your legs in fright.
Maybe that one.

Those marks are called “field patina” and are badges of honor :)
 
A working rifle is a rifle that you actually use, it may be the 22 LR you take to stay in practice or use to train your kids or grand kids, the 7X57MM you take out to hunt something for the pot, the 375 H&H you carry or the 500 Jeff you use for back up, the 12ga you use in bird season, they are all work rifles as long as you take them out the safe and hunt with them, irrespective of make or caliber.....if it stays in the safe it it is just a rifle, if it get used regularly it is a work rifle a tool bought and used to perform a task, if it cost 50 bucks or 200 000 bucks has nothing to do with it...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,407
Members
169,353
Latest member
WoodrowOre
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top