Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
As usual, I'm in need of some advice from those more experienced and successful than myself, if I may.

With my current studies coming to an end, I need to start considering "where next". With the current political climate in RSA, I don't see a future in my home country and thus, I need to look to greener pastures.

So there's no confusion: I would love to stay here, but my SO and I have 4 degrees between us and with the economy as it is and the "affirmative action" policies in place, neither of us can find work. I can't put sentimentality above career.

If you guys have any ideas or suggestions in terms of places to look, I'm all ears.

To provide context: I'm sitting with a business degree and a plant and soil science degree, the SO has an animal science degree and a Master's in Breeding & Genetics... So our industry of choice is Agriculture.

As always, thanks in advance for the assistance!

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
With those degrees, anywhere West of the Mississippi river to about the middle of California, Oregon and Washington if you are looking to the USA. Canada - Alberta and Saskatchewan. South America - Argentina. Europe - Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Eastern Europe.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
If you want to stay in Africa, a lot of Zimbabwean white farmers went to Zambia, Botswana and Mozambique. I am sure your education would be appreciated in those countries.

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
In Canada plan on beginning your search in Quebec and looking west from there. That lack of meat processing facilities in the east cost drives the price of beef beyond fiscally viable levels.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
You will likely have an easier time emigrating to Canada than the US. Within Canada, Alberta and Saskatchewan would fit nicely with both of your careers. I grew up on a farm in Ontario, but it’s not a place for folks like us anymore.

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
With the education you probably wouldn't be working on the killfloor but there are management/research positions that may be of interest to you and/or your SO. For the US I'd send a resume to some of the larger packers such as Monfort, Gargill and Tyson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exchangecoin24

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.