Winchester Model 70 “Custom” Super Grade “Express” 470 Capstick N.I.B.

Wclint

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Winchester Model 70 “Custom” Super Grade “Express” 470 Capstick N.I.B.

This rifle is chambered in the massive .470 Capstick cartridge. This cartridge was designed in 1990 by Colonel Art Alphin founder of the A-Square Company. It pushes a 500 grain .475 caliber bullet at approximately 2,400 FPS. The .470 Capstick chambered Model 70 was only offered by the Winchester Custom Shop, the largest caliber offered in the Model 70 line.

I purchased it from the Custom Shop in 1992.

Asking Price: $3,050 plus shipping and insurance.

Please PM, post, or email to discuss. I will consider all reasonable offers.

I have other Model 70’s NIB, most calibers.

IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2103.JPG
IMG_2113.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2163.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunningly beautiful! Good Luck on the sale!

Beautiful rifle sir!

Nice one.... However, I Find it stage that Winchester would fit such a rifle with express sights then not have one standing sight in the cluster of leaves.
They are all folding. Not the best when dealing with a charge when you bring your rifle up only to find your rear sight has folded down... I suppose you could just wait till whatever it was that wanted to eat you was close enough to shotgun it..
But still like is said lovely gun... and not many built.

Nice one.... However, I Find it stage that Winchester would fit such a rifle with express sights then not have one standing sight in the cluster of leaves.
They are all folding. Not the best when dealing with a charge when you bring your rifle up only to find your rear sight has folded down... I suppose you could just wait till whatever it was that wanted to eat you was close enough to shotgun it..

Ah, but the beauty of these rifles are they are incredibly easy to change the configuration. Simple enough to do at a home rather than a smith. And with the plethora of mounts and rails available, any number of fiber optic, tritium, or electronic sights can be used equally as easy and inexpensive to mount.

I'd opt for a small rail section forward of the receiver and add a RMR and call it a day.

Great offering sir.

TT... I agree with you full. And Easy to change.
It was only an observation on the way is delivered from Winchester. But I would do the same; it an easy change out.

I'd remove the rear sight base altogether and put on a ghost ring peep.

Gentlemen, and Ladies, this is pure beauty, elegant artistry in wood and metal.
As you said CTDola;. get a suitable peep from NECG, and it's perfect.

For somebody who dreams of hunting DG this would be a fantastic all around rifle to own!

I remember this rifle I was smitten with it at 13 and still love it. There was also a "Big 5" set offered from .470-.338.

Here's my take. I agree a standing sight would be a nice addition. A standing/folding sight is quite reasonable, perhaps $150. The cost is in hand filing and regulating it. That costs a fortune. By virtue of it having the original folding sights, all the regulation data can be calculated off of that, making a new sight swap-out a breeze. $250 total job, not $800 job.

Its a controlled round feed massive stopping rifle, made by winchester, in a good caliber for that purpose, for reasonable money. It'll sell fast.

I remember this rifle I was smitten with it at 13 and still love it. There was also a "Big 5" set offered from .470-.338.
I have the 338, 416, and 470 Big 5's. Thinking of selling now that I started getting into Double Rifles...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.