Wildlife: When animal rights gets it wrong

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Animal rights organisations believe in letting animals run free. But look what happens when you do. Animal welfare consultant and former head of the League Against Cruel Sports Jim Barrington examines what we can learn from wildlife disasters including Oostvaardersplassen in the Netherlands and the Baronsdown deer 'sanctuary' in the UK, where well-meaning animal rights activists caused the deaths of hundreds of large animals in the pursuit of a dream that only exists in Disney.

Preservation versus Conservation. Preservation is a fantasy like this the “balance of nature”. There is no balance of nature. There are boom and bust periods with some time in the middle which apprears to be a balance.
Nonsense!
Philip

"Mother Nature" manages deer and other ungulates with predators.
And guess what, WE ARE predators, whether or not some people want to admit it. Humans are predators. Look at our eye placement and teeth.
Healthiest populations of animals anywhere are where hunting is practiced in ethical, studied and regulated form.

Sorry preaching to the choir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?