Who in Zambia has Grant's Zebra?

From my research, there is still some confusion on the exact number of subspecies for Plains zebra, but they all pretty much agree on the following.

There are four Species of Zebra.

• Quagga – which is extinct.
  • Grevy’s
    • which is a standalone sub-species
    • Non-Huntable
    • Kenya and now in Texas
  • Mountain Zebra
    • Hartmann’s – found mainly in Namibia.
    • Cape – found mostly in the Western and Eastern Cape of South Africa
  • Plains zebra – with at least six subspecies
    • Burchell’s
      • Most common and found just about anywhere from the mid to lower half of Africa
    • Chapman’s
      • Often confused as a Burchell’s
      • Habitat is not as well defined due to the similarities of the Burchell’s
    • Crawshay’s
      • Very similar in markings to the Grant’s and Selous
      • Found in Zambia, and other countries
    • Grant’s or Boehms
      • Again, like the Crawshay’s
      • Found in Zambia and other countries
    • Maneless
      • Has a very short mane
      • Found in the middle section of Africa and they say is the zebra found farthest north in Africa compared to the others
    • Selous
      • A beautiful pattern
      • I haven’t found a PH, so far, that list the Selous on their list
If you study the pictures of each species/sub-species using Google, then look at the photo galleries for safaris outfitters, you’ll quickly see that a large percentage of all zebras posted on the safaris websites are incorrectly listed as Burchell’s

@Dee S
This is great info! Thanks! I couldn't find any better information anywhere on internet.

I hunted Hartmann zebra, and came close to Burchell (maybe will hunt next time).
All the rest about zebra species was mystery to me, reduced info only in Wikipedia, or other scattered information, not detailed and systematic as yours.

Karamoja Maneless Zebra is hunt-able, check with Christian Weth of Uganda Wildlife Safaris
I sent them in inquiry via their website. Looks like it is a ten hour drive once you land in Entebbe, unless you take a charter after that.
Helps cut cost if more than one person goes. SO, when are we going to Uganda? :A Thumbs Up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.