Who designs these things?!

I do like ones over a gallon, think my Ford holds over a gallon and a half nice since when your low you can dump a whole gallon in.

The second worst ass chewing I ever got was over a empty fluid reservoir, I was working in a truck shop in charge of the pm's( preventive maintenance). One day one of are Oshkosh cement mixers got pulled off the road by DOT. It was one of many trucks on a very high bid job and they were pissed at me, not my fault those drivers will go through 2 gallons a day. It's mosly there fault and laziness for one putting 14 yards in a 11.5 drum. This will fill up the chute and it's to much weight for the wiper seal that seals the top of the barrel where it spins on the superstructure. This makes concrete leak on the driver's window, and how they clean it off with the washer fluid.

The washer reseivor on my truck is huge, but I top it off every time that I check my oil. I hate running out of fluid.

On my Explorer it is quite small, but then again I top it off whenever I open the hood.

I also keep a bottle of washer fluid in both vehicles just encase I need it.

I can tell you, I ran out of washer fluid ONCE in a snowstorm and NEVER again! The slush kicked up by passing vehicles was horrible. I fill mine OFTEN. There is NO substitute. Oh, and if you live anywhere that can freeze in the winter, don't put the summer formula fluid in your reservoir or you could have a solid block of ice when it freezes.

Last edited:
I've always treaded my glass with rain on all windows, it's really helps when you need it if put on properly. I also run rainx washer fluid, not as good as the buff on stuff but better then most other fluids I've used. Best I've used is the old Volvo stuff, they even had headlight fluid for the headlight wipers. I'm sure that's where the blinker fluid joke came from, my buddy worked at Volvo for years and his wife to so he would give me all kinds of goodies, I still check cars in the junkyard, Volvo used to have very nice road service kits in with the spare tire and jack, nice white gloves to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerrellHib

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.