White whale

My white whale of a rifle would be a left handed model 70 chambered in 7mm-08. If there are any in existence they would have come from the custom shop, as the only left handed short action rifles Winchester “mass produced” were the WSMs.

I had previously found a LH Model 70 from the custom shop that was chambered in 458 Win and was stainless and in a black synthetic stock. Based on my research that may have been a one of one type rifle. I used that rifle in 2024 to take a buffalo in Zimbawe, so I know that if I look long and hard enough, I maybe able to find that 7mm-08, one day…….
well at least one exists/existed. We bought it lightly used, and I had it as my first deer rifle. It is a pretty gun but had a lot of issues and I am left handed right eye dominant so I started shooting right handed and we sold it many years ago.
 
Thanks. An additional value was that Alan Harton had gone through it to verify proper metal hardness, etc.
Every Grover gun should make a trip to Alan if nothing verifying he’d already tested or properly hardened the internals. Most need it, some desperately.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,348
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top