Whisky appreciation

06D77DE.jpeg

I enjoy all of the types of bourbon made by Wood Hat Spirits in New Florence, Missouri. Their Twin Timber’s is finished in pecan barrels. Smooth.. He also makes wood hats if you find you need one.
I've never seen a Wood hat, or heard of them.
I think a Pith Helmet may be more fitting with the theme here.

I've never seen a Wood hat, or heard of them.
I think a Pith Helmet may be more fitting with the theme here.
Check out their website. Then you’ll have seen a wood hat. No promises whether you’ll understand the need for such a thing. I don’t. I have seen plenty of need for their spirits.

Check out their website. Then you’ll have seen a wood hat. No promises whether you’ll understand the need for such a thing. I don’t. I have seen plenty of need for their spirits.
Lots of weird (and wonderful) stuff comes out of MO…like that that restaurant that throws hot bread rolls at you near Springfield.

@Doug3006
That wood hat is pretty cool, would take a bit to make.

Had the pleasure of trying this today and loved it.

Bought a bottle of Teelings this morning. Looking forward to trying it at Christmas.

Found a new one today...Oak & Eden Toasted Oak Finished Whiskey. It has a spiral cut piece of "toasted" American oak in the bottle for finishing. Tastes like smooooooth honey with a warm finish. No burn whatsoever. Priced at $50, I think it's worth a try.
1642294508833.png

May have already been mentioned, but I recently tried the port barrel finished angel’s envy. I may have a new favorite!

Hazelburn 10 years. Campbeltown single malt. A steal for the price

I enjoy High West.

While down in Kentucky recently I picked up some bourbon that up in missouri are allocated. Mitchers bourbon - im not that impressed with. No age statement but seems to be around 8 years. Its smooth enough but the flavors are just lackluster. At $45-50 it seems to be a bad value imo.

While down in Kentucky recently I picked up some bourbon that up in missouri are allocated. Mitchers bourbon - im not that impressed with. No age statement but seems to be around 8 years. Its smooth enough but the flavors are just lackluster. At $45-50 it seems to be a bad value imo.
Their Rye is much better, but you are the first person I have met that didn’t like it. That said, Weller doesn’t impress me (I don’t like wheated bourbons - creates an almond flavor sweetness that I despise).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you