Whisky appreciation

06D77DE.jpeg
 
I enjoy all of the types of bourbon made by Wood Hat Spirits in New Florence, Missouri. Their Twin Timber’s is finished in pecan barrels. Smooth.. He also makes wood hats if you find you need one.
I've never seen a Wood hat, or heard of them.
I think a Pith Helmet may be more fitting with the theme here.
 
I've never seen a Wood hat, or heard of them.
I think a Pith Helmet may be more fitting with the theme here.
Check out their website. Then you’ll have seen a wood hat. No promises whether you’ll understand the need for such a thing. I don’t. I have seen plenty of need for their spirits.
 
Check out their website. Then you’ll have seen a wood hat. No promises whether you’ll understand the need for such a thing. I don’t. I have seen plenty of need for their spirits.
Lots of weird (and wonderful) stuff comes out of MO…like that that restaurant that throws hot bread rolls at you near Springfield.
 
@Doug3006
That wood hat is pretty cool, would take a bit to make.
 
Had the pleasure of trying this today and loved it.
 
Bought a bottle of Teelings this morning. Looking forward to trying it at Christmas.
 
Found a new one today...Oak & Eden Toasted Oak Finished Whiskey. It has a spiral cut piece of "toasted" American oak in the bottle for finishing. Tastes like smooooooth honey with a warm finish. No burn whatsoever. Priced at $50, I think it's worth a try.
1642294508833.png
 
May have already been mentioned, but I recently tried the port barrel finished angel’s envy. I may have a new favorite!
 
Hazelburn 10 years. Campbeltown single malt. A steal for the price
 
I enjoy High West.
 
While down in Kentucky recently I picked up some bourbon that up in missouri are allocated. Mitchers bourbon - im not that impressed with. No age statement but seems to be around 8 years. Its smooth enough but the flavors are just lackluster. At $45-50 it seems to be a bad value imo.
 
While down in Kentucky recently I picked up some bourbon that up in missouri are allocated. Mitchers bourbon - im not that impressed with. No age statement but seems to be around 8 years. Its smooth enough but the flavors are just lackluster. At $45-50 it seems to be a bad value imo.
Their Rye is much better, but you are the first person I have met that didn’t like it. That said, Weller doesn’t impress me (I don’t like wheated bourbons - creates an almond flavor sweetness that I despise).
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,942
Members
169,056
Latest member
dowsphalmytu1983
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top