Which animals slow you down during the importation process?

Flora & Fauna or v-v. It may be Coppersmiths I've heard good things about in ATL.
 
When it is time for your trophies to come back to the US (Post taxidermy occurring in RSA), and they go thru the Customs process, I remember reading on here that a wart hog and a bush pig will slow the process down as an additional inspection is required. I have recently added a Honey Badger to my wish list for my June, 2024 hunt. Will the honey badger also slow down that process?

Thanx in advance.


Swine and primates
 
What you need to do with both swine and primates is find a importer who is familiar with the regulations and knows how to handle them.

I brought back both from last years hunt that I received this year and all they did was to slow down the process by a couple of days. I had no extra charges since my importer knew what was required and how to handle both.
 
Up here it's pigs, primates, birds, cats, and Appendix II animals that can slow things down.
 
Anything with a CITES
 
Like many have said, primates, swine and birds, especially if only dip&pack.If you have CITES and all paperwork is in order I’ve found no significant delays.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,689
Members
168,964
Latest member
fernav
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top