What makes a "good" Professional Hunter?

K-man 5 of my 7 hunts also were with Ph owner / outfitters and I think that is the best way to go also, but one of the other hunts was very good also, but there was room for improvement on the all.
 
I think we must clear out one thing : Outfitter and PH is in many times two different persons and this make the PH not involved in the business at all. He will receive a couple of hundred bucks for his work from the outfitter or concession holder or farmer. Most of the PH is good guys that love them work, its the outfitters that can sometimes pressing the PH that more game must be taken from the clients side, I have always ignore this kind of unethical and rude behavior because many clients have sometimes save a life time to hunt in Africa, and this few hunting days must give him a perfect memory WITH OUT STRESS or to make the client shot at game that is not on his list !!!

Then we can turn around the subject and I can say that I rely don't like clients that come to a country and think that they can shoot everything and behave exactly how they want because they have a strong financial position !

So, I think that we (PH) meet more "a-holes" than clients meet unethical PH with the simple reason that the PH will be out if he is not serious, but as long a African DG hunt is a expensive vacation it will always attract some new rich folks with out hunting traditions or experience !

Gordon
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,168
Members
169,272
Latest member
chlorchipcapsbe1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top