What does the different provinces in South Africa offer

Each for himself;)
You know what? Now that I am thinking about it, it might be that they have so much game they are still hunting??? NAAHH

Each for himself;)
You know what? Now that I am thinking about it, it might be that they have so much game they are still hunting??? NAAHH

Maybe that forms part of the facts and statistics we never thought of!:censored:

Bossie, Limpopo is no1, EC no2 as far as number of internarional clients and number of trophies harvested each year, but the other guys have pretty nice " playground" too! We may cover 95% of huntable species, but we dont always have the biggest of a specie, that is were homework pays off:) BTW still need a Honey Badger and Brown Hyena from you(y)

is that the valley of the waves? been in it once and the water was so cold :eek: non of those babes would be interested until you had thawed out!!!!:LOL:

You must have been there wrong time of the year, anyway we prefer them on the beach!

that sand gets everywhere!!
That's the main reason why I hate the ocean,or man made pond with sand.
It's only good for the surf junkies
I'd much rather be out hunting
But sometimes you have to do it for the family
So we are leaving on the 12th and I will be doing some fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike
It's only for a few days but we will be back for Thanksgiving

Last edited by a moderator:
Pieter, I wasn't talking about the hunting.....

Neither did I mention hunting........;)

In all seriousness Tokkie you are right. But I will argue on one thing though.

not-available.gif

View attachment 34162 View attachment 34162

Hell, that made me laugh alot!:D
Problem is you cant beat @lbgsafaris with his many smileys! They all brilliant.

p.s. East Cape rules!

I like them all really. Limpo has the the size crown I think as the animals seem bigger on avg. The northwest seems to have good quality but the numbers of animals is higher I think.Then the east cape seems to have good numbers of animals and a bigger choice of terrain to hunt with bigger ranches.

I myself did not like the free state that much just to opened for me.The northern cape was ok with good quality and size but kind of opened areas made for to easy of hunting.

I still want to hunt natal just to see it and say I did hunt there.I will take hunting in any of the above over what I have here in PA

Picking a favorite province is like picking a favorite child lol. If I did have to choose I would have to say Eastern cape simply for the large amount of low fence hunting available there and in many very different habitats. Although, I have had great low fence hunting in all states except free state, but I am sure there are low fence hunts there too.

Best scenery I ever had was in KZN.
Watched my wife get hooked on African hunting in the free state.
One of my favorite individual hunts was in Limpopo.
Got chased by a Black Wildebeest in the Northern cape.

This photo was taken in 2013 with a cellphone on our place by our lodge manager just taking a stroll.... and to date, no one's has been able to get him.

That sounds like a challenge being set down. Hmmmm.

Challange accepted(y)
IMG_568969019840359.jpeg

Just kidding, not my photo or my Bushbuck, but I sure wish it was!!!!!

That's a Nyala cross if I ever saw one.

Looks like the one Thor took with a client in Zambia last year.

"
upload_2014-12-4_20-0-19.jpeg
Tokkie daai Bosbok is groot".
*@%$ Tokkie that Bushbuck is huge.

I have not seen it myself "will do so soon" but my Vet told me today he offloaded a 21" Bushbuck at his place yesterday, apparently he was in a chopper, darting Nyala for relocation when he spotted the Bushbuck and put a dart into him as well.

That sounds like a monster Bushbuck Bossie, sure he did not dart a undersize Nyala;) I think the one in the photo above should fall somewere around the 20" mark, give or take a 1/2". Not a EC Bushbuck, coat is too clean around the neck and ears.

……………….. my Vet told me today he offloaded a 21" Bushbuck at his place yesterday, apparently he was in a chopper, darting Nyala for relocation when he spotted the Bushbuck and put a dart into him as well.

Ok, that is just not fair.
Helicopter hunting Bushbuck with a dart gun. Damn.
Please have him post some pictures of this monster.

I'm in the midst of reading Peter Flacks book BUSHBUCK.

Tokkie the one in the photo you posted should be around there if he is not 20" he is 21"(y) It's difficult to say where it might be, I have seen some really big Bushbuck in Lydenburg. Won't be surprised if it's somewhere there. Then it could be along the Limpopo Valley as well ?????

I'll have to see what the Vet got us though. I'll put a trail cam up sometime and see if we can catch him at the water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg