What 375 H & H rifle would you Purchase and Why

Hey, Ed and Steve: What are the iron sights like on the Blaser? Is the pip too big like on the Sakos, covering a buffalo chest at fifty metres? Or are they more precise, able to make an accurate shot at 100m or 120m on a buffalo?

I did practice with the open sights but not extensively.
My sight picture was putting the gold bead in the "v" so the bead was just fully visible.
I used standard high power targets at 100 yards and did not find that the bead was overly large.
I found the sight perfectly zeroed out of the box at 100 yards; I am guessing that the zero was probably really 100M.
The sights can possibly snag on brush but I didn't find it a problem in practice.
These are the best open sights on any hunting rifle that I own; very sturdy and you won't hurt them.
I also had some peace of mind knowing I had great open sights in case some sort of disaster occurred with my scope.

Here are the pictures of the sights on my .375 H&H Mag barrel:
IMG_3911cs.jpg

IMG_3912cs.jpg

IMG_3914cs.jpg

Last edited:
Mauser. Nothing else needs saying.
_20190612_132307.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross