Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

IMG_9581.JPG
supposed to drop another 4 degrees before sun up. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I see where today for a brief period, Mount Washington, New Hampshire, set a new U.S. record (including Alaska) for windchill at MINUS 106F. Unimaginable!

46.1 degrees below zero, wind speeds of 97mph, wind chill 108 below zero. Can you say flash frozen!!!!
:E No: :E Yuck:
All I can say is heck NO! Is this normal for your part of the world??

:E No: :E Yuck:
All I can say is heck NO! Is this normal for your part of the world??

That’s a record for the top of Mt Washington. Here in Maine we typically see a week or so of sun zero temps. This is a particularly wierd cold snap. Right now we have a temp of -21 without wind chill. With wind chill they say it’s -45 or so.

Currently, 0611 hrs here near Silver Point, TN it's 20°F with "calm" wind, predicted high temp or today is 52° overnight lows around 38°F.

I'll be heading to Morristown, TN later today. The day's forecast for that area is: high near 48°F tonight's low around 29°F, the wind speed throughout the and overnight 5-10 mph.

This is our coldest morning this winter so far. It was -34 Celsius on the thermometer just before sunrise on a bright clear morning. The temperature is supposed to go up to +3 C tomorrow.

We had a big warm up here yesterday. When I left home for work at 10am for work it was -22C. By the time I got back at 2pm it was 0 C!

supposed to drop another 4 degrees before sun up. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
-20 when I checked at 7am here in Western Maine, warmed up to 6 above for a couple hours now it's heading back down again. Won't be nearly as bad tomorrow, thankfully.

Nice to see another Mainer on here, aren't too many of us!

Nicer here today. Creeping up above freezing, sunny, the snow is slowly melting, all good. I had a nice time playing with my pistol at the indoor range and I'm about to take the scenic route home to shower before getting drunk with some work buddies.

Happily my car will still slide around on dry tarmac if I want it to, so I don't even miss the snowy roads that much.

Life ain't so bad!

62 and sunny on the 3rd coast

This year, the record for the Northern Hemisphere may have been broken. In the village of Essey in the Krasnoyarsk Territory, a temperature of -73 Celsius was recorded. However, there is no weather station there, and at the nearest weather station, a few hundred kilometers away, it was only -54.
The previous record in Yakutia was -67. It was recorded even lower once in Greenland, but at a high altitude above sea level.
In Eastern Europe, however, it is quite warm - about 0, and on New Year's Eve there were a few days -27 when we met him outside the city. If there was wood for the stove, it was tolerable.

I see where today for a brief period, Mount Washington, New Hampshire, set a new U.S. record (including Alaska) for windchill at MINUS 106F. Unimaginable!

THAT is definitely BIG COAT temperatures! Wow!
John the electrician
Thats about 30 miles west of me- give or take. Should have seen the live feed from the top, looked like a sci fi movie showing some extreme uninhabitable planet. Pretty crazy

Last Monday here was a HIGH of 8F. Tues. 16, Wed. 23. Today was 55 and same tomorrow. Feels like the Bahamas! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg