Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Did you and your buddy make it to the Sportsmans Expo? I was going to go, but hate to drive downtown. Usually light rail it, but with temps -10, did not want to get stuck waiting for a late train. Last day tomorrow, so will have to make a decision. Was it worth the drive?
Yes we did. I drove my truck because his son and his son's friend went also. I-25 was completely dry from the Springs to Castle Rock. It then became snowpacked but they had put down a lot of sand so it wasn't bad. No snow but -8 in Denver though. We ended up taking the Light Rail from County Line Rd. to the Convention Center because they all wanted to. Mine was the only vehicle in that light rail parking lot and few riders on the train. We didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes to change trains. Probably 20 African Outfitters at the show along with everything else. I hadn't been in several years due to my work schedule so we had a good time. GO tomorrow if you can.

Yes we did. I drove my truck because his son and his son's friend went also. I-25 was completely dry from the Springs to Castle Rock. It then became snowpacked but they had put down a lot of sand so it wasn't bad. No snow but -8 in Denver though. We ended up taking the Light Rail from County Line Rd. to the Convention Center because they all wanted to. Mine was the only vehicle in that light rail parking lot and few riders on the train. We didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes to change trains. Probably 20 African Outfitters at the show along with everything else. I hadn't been in several years due to my work schedule so we had a good time. GO tomorrow if you can.
Sounds good. I think I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the update and glad you guys had a good time and a safe trip.

This is how cold it is: The snow is squeaking when you walk on it.

The bloody grid cannot even manage normal day to day demand of people trying to stay warm on a chilly winter day.

1.2% of the vehicles in Alberta are Electric. Hilarious.
I wonder where all that Electricity is going to come from for the big ban on fossil fuels.

First world load shedding. :A Bang Head:

load shedding.jpg

This is how cold it is: The snow is squeaking when you walk on it.

The bloody grid cannot even manage normal day to day demand of people trying to stay warm on a chilly winter day.

1.2% of the vehicles in Alberta are Electric. Hilarious.
I wonder where all that Electricity is going to come from for the big ban on fossil fuels.

First world load shedding. :A Bang Head:

View attachment 580185
Yup. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance. And the EV pushers have not planned properly.

The NTX was pleasant….. now 5 degrees mornings in the forecast!

-12F. Windchill -26. Now. Yahoo!

-12F. Windchill -26. Now. Yahoo!
We're having a heat wave at -5 compared to the springs. My buddy who I waterfowl hunted with for years, regardless of weather, text me an hour ago that it's too cold for him to go to the expo and he's going to hide inside. Maybe next year.

A balmy 20 degrees (f) here right now. Won’t get above 30 today.

Colder than a well digger's butt or a witch's tit here for the DSC convention today!

-19F at the house here this morning. Saturday morning it was -30F on the deck... haven't seen it above zero in a few days. NOAA is saying 30-ish tomorrow and Wednesday, which will be a welcome (though brief) reprieve.

This just in - it gets cold in Wyoming.

9 right now on the north side of Dallas…

That’s about 59 degrees colder than I like it..

Definitely keeping a fire burning all day today

Colder than a well digger's butt or a witch's tit here for the DSC convention today!

-19F at the house here this morning. Saturday morning it was -30F on the deck... haven't seen it above zero in a few days. NOAA is saying 30-ish tomorrow and Wednesday, which will be a welcome (though brief) reprieve.

This just in - it gets cold in Wyoming.
Good looking mulie buck. What part of Wyoming? I used to travel all around there before I retired.

Currently: 26°F and snowing. Today's forecast hi 31°F overnight low 17°F expecting 4-6 inches of snow. Our Tuesday temps hi 22°F low -3°F.

Of course the forecast updates every half hour and when our weatherforecasters predict a dusting of snow it usually means several inches and when they predict several inches of snow it means either a dusting if any or over a foot of snow. Of course their favor disclaiming term is "....some locations may see higher totals...".

The global warming .... just broke my snow shovel.
The reason we are having all the rain and heavy snows is because of global warming.
Or so I am told.
I have yet to understand the ice ages or the warm period of though. But I never claimed to be smart

For Namibians to experience 11 degrees F (-12 C) currently in Dallas Downtown, takes us out of our comfort zone.

We are on our way to Namibia where it is approximately 89 F (if we are not delayed too long...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnmarieBu

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?