Wanted Ruger No. 1 Stainless In .458 Lott

WesG

AH member
Reaction score
Hello,
Completely new here. If you have one of these please let me know. Happy to pay a pretty penny.

I have positive feedback on Gun Broker and AR15. That’s the only feedback I have on the net.
- if this is in the wrong section I apologize -

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH. YES it will be around $3600+ if you can find one.
KRISH

I recall one selling on a big gun auction site in the last month at a bit over 2500. Of course, that is plus tax, fees, etc. nowadays. I remember being aghast at the price point as I had one twenty or so years ago. It was accurate for an out of the box big bore. One received a full measure of fun when pulling the trigger as I recall. I fired from a standing position primarily. That was the only rifle (scope) that ever cut me above the eye. I had scoped it with low power glass and used the rifle for stalking thickets and heavy woods for the local whitetail deer. I spotted one in an open area while I was still in a thick stand of saplings. The only shot available was a semi-side laying/prone position that allowed a clear shot about a foot above the forest litter. This position only allowed a small portion of the butt to engage the shoulder. Lets just say it was not one of those shots that you could see the effects of through the glass. Fortunately, no tracking was required.

Those are fun rifles; I am just amazed at the price point now. I think I gave 800ish new back then. Good times.

Good luck in your search.

I am looking for a CZ 550 magnum in 375 H&H or a Kimber 8400 Caprivi in 375. Thank you all

I recall one selling on a big gun auction site in the last month at a bit over 2500. Of course, that is plus tax, fees, etc. nowadays. I remember being aghast at the price point as I had one twenty or so years ago. It was accurate for an out of the box big bore. One received a full measure of fun when pulling the trigger as I recall. I fired from a standing position primarily. That was the only rifle (scope) that ever cut me above the eye. I had scoped it with low power glass and used the rifle for stalking thickets and heavy woods for the local whitetail deer. I spotted one in an open area while I was still in a thick stand of saplings. The only shot available was a semi-side laying/prone position that allowed a clear shot about a foot above the forest litter. This position only allowed a small portion of the butt to engage the shoulder. Lets just say it was not one of those shots that you could see the effects of through the glass. Fortunately, no tracking was required.

Those are fun rifles; I am just amazed at the price point now. I think I gave 800ish new back then. Good times.

Good luck in your search.
Thank you for the cool story and kind words!

Just a heads up to everyone:
I will pay a very fair finders fee to anyone that leads me to or them to me. This rifle will be loved and meticulously cared for. I’m looking to build up my Ruger collection with this rifle and a Ruger Red Label all weather!

Just a heads up to everyone:
I will pay a very fair finders fee to anyone that leads me to or them to me. This rifle will be loved and meticulously cared for. I’m looking to build up my Ruger collection with this rifle and a Ruger Red Label all weather!

I had a red label all weather! Loved that thing until it started failing me!

:S Welcome:

I just spoke with a friend whom I thought had every Ruger No. 1 ever made. He said they made about a dozen walnut stainless steel .458 Lotts. He has looked for years for one. Good luck.

B4DD3F6B-9264-43F9-90CC-0444D6B4E0A4.jpeg
Welcome to AH. Like you I love the stainless with salt and pepper stock! i had a 458 Lott blue with walnut stock that I sold to a friend. They are great rifles IMO

Someone sold a stainless laminated stock in 458 Lott on here a couple of years ago to @TOBY458 but I think he resold it during one of his famous fire sales.

Someone sold a stainless laminated stock in 458 Lott on here a couple of years ago to @TOBY458 but I think he resold it during one of his famous fire sales.
Thank you for the information. I’ll message him and see what’s going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross