Wanted Or Trade For A LH Rifle Chambered In .220 Swift

LES7

AH veteran
Reaction score
please message me if interested, or if you've run across one at a gun shop. i think ruger had a run of hawkeyes? that or a mod 70 would be my preference.
i would entertain a righty if no "correct hand" ones can be found. thank you

any good recommendations on a rifle action chambering to start a build for a 220 swift?

Any left handed win70 short action from .308 parent cartridge should work.

A donor action anymore could cost as much, if not more than buying a “semi custom” action that is already trued and ready for whatever build you would like. A Stiller Predator or Tac30 is a very good price point action in left handed to start your build, are readily available and have proven to be a very accurate platform. Sky is the limit from there. My two cents from being a lefty and the owner of a part time custom rifle building business! There’s a .204 and a 22 Creedmoor, both on Stiller actions

9855C049-DE6D-4983-A0FE-A8D94878B87C.jpeg
A7B3C058-118F-40AA-BE2C-75620E697335.jpeg
06C4F0C4-7A12-4614-8415-A76638C61804.jpeg
87075077-B922-4B68-A318-A082C0F68830.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice above. I run lefty Stiller or Defiance for anything 35 cal and under. Anything 9.3 and above then I try to source a lefty CRF action which as you know gets pricy...not that CRF is 100% necessary but it definitely increases the resale value should I ever let it go.

Thanks guys, I’m on a new mission now!
But… if any correct hand shooter has one please message me

I would advise avoiding any donor action with a case head diameter of 0.473 as the Swift has a bit smaller case head....I think 0.445 is listed. I owned one in a Ruger No. 1, and that is the action I'd suggest if looking for a donor. Easier to make a bolt face bigger. Not so easy to make it smaller.......JMO...........FWB

Any one wants to part (sale or trade) with a ruger no 1 in 220 swift chambering please shoot me a pm. I know there are some on the other sites. But I would prefer to deal with guys here
the older the better and 26” barrel. Thanks

I would advise avoiding any donor action with a case head diameter of 0.473 as the Swift has a bit smaller case head....I think 0.445 is listed. I owned one in a Ruger No. 1, and that is the action I'd suggest if looking for a donor. Easier to make a bolt face bigger. Not so easy to make it smaller.......JMO...........FWB
.473 rim diameter on the 220 Swift same as .308 and others.

Pureprecision makes a lefty R700 clone, albeit on back order. I just took delivery on one of their muzzleloader actions and fit and finish are excellent.

Edit: Kelbly's has a LH repeater in stock at a really good price. I have three of their Atlas versions, very well made and customer service is five star.

Attachments

• Long Kodiak Left- Left .308 Remington Ejector - Kelbly Rifles.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • SUMMIT Stainless - Pure Precision.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Ya, Hog's right on that.........I was wrong on the case head diameter...........best of luck......FWB

I am a Swift fan, have been shooting and reloading that caliber since the late 70’s. But, I don’t recall ever seeing a left had model.
Good luck to you, great caliber!

any good recommendations on a rifle action chambering to start a build for a 220 swift?

Lefty guns are hard to find and annoying for anyone but a lefty to operate, and are hard to sell if you want to get rid of them.

Suggestion: Buy a Ruger #1 single shot that is ambidextrous. Everyone can enjoy it in your friend circle, and you won't be stuck with a hard to sell turd if you or your estate tries to sell it later.

220 swift, 204 ruger, and 22-250 were all made in the Ruger #1 action over the years.

Any one wants to part (sale or trade) with a ruger no 1 in 220 swift chambering please shoot me a pm. I know there are some on the other sites. But I would prefer to deal with guys here
the older the better and 26” barrel. Thanks

There are several Ruger #1 configurations. The K1 is the shorter "stalking rifle" config. There is a "Heavy" and a "Tropical" as well...you don't want those. You want the "Varmint" model that got the heavier and longer bull barrel and a larger forend. That would be the ideal config for whatever you intend to do with a high speed 22 bore.

Lefty guns are hard to find and annoying for anyone but a lefty to operate, and are hard to sell if you want to get rid of them.

Suggestion: Buy a Ruger #1 single shot that is ambidextrous. Everyone can enjoy it in your friend circle, and you won't be stuck with a hard to sell turd if you or your estate tries to sell it later.

220 swift, 204 ruger, and 22-250 were all made in the Ruger #1 action over the years.
Haha that’s the point! I’ve bought so many rifles over the years “for everyone else”. And shot righty bolts for most. it’s nice to have a few of my own. still holding out for the left eye dominant grandkid. i do know what you’re saying tho about limited resale options.

Attachments

• Ruger No. 1 Varmint 220 Swift 28%22 w: Scope.pdf
    105.5 KB · Views: 39
Hacksaw and re-crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julian6720

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt