SkullKeeper

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
If anyone has an extra one they can part with PLEASE let me know. I checked on these last week and they were on back order. Thank you for any and all help.

02F0CE86-A425-464D-860C-80A679FFF9E5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is apples to apples. ERA/Recknagel uses the same 16mm 30 degree dovetail for all their small sights. The vertical blade is European style, as used on Mausers and Mannlichers. The slanted blade is British style. This one came from Mark at NECG in the last century. Haven't seen it in the ERA catalog for a good number of years.

It is apples to apples. ERA/Recknagel uses the same 16mm 30 degree dovetail for all their small sights. The vertical blade is European style, as used on Mausers and Mannlichers. The slanted blade is British style. This one came from Mark at NECG in the last century. Haven't seen it in the ERA catalog for a good number of years.

Kurt, yours looks properly "English" to me. The Euro style ones remind me of this:

IMG_6577.JPG

Original factory Mausers and Mannlicher Schoenauers had vertical blades. Mausers usually had a folding blade in front and in the rear. MS just one that folded forward. Some rifles going to the British market had slanted, multi leaf Express sights.

Some post war FN and Sako rifles had the Mauser 3 blade style sight as well.

Kurt, I didn’t realize the vertical blade you offered would fit the mini-express NECG sight base. Problem solved though- I just dropped off another rifle at my smith’s shop and asked him about an insert. He actually had one, I couldn’t believe it. Thank you your offer and also the information !

If anyone can use these ERA gunsmith parts, let be know. The blued pieces are blanks for the adjustable sight.
20220901_131459.jpg

If anyone can use these ERA gunsmith parts, let be know. The blued pieces are blanks for the adjustable sight.View attachment 486343
Kurt, I’ll go ahead and take that base and sight insert after all- I’ve got several rifles that can eventually use the upgrade, PM details please. Thanks again !

Original factory Mausers and Mannlicher Schoenauers had vertical blades. Mausers usually had a folding blade in front and in the rear. MS just one that folded forward. Some rifles going to the British market had slanted, multi leaf Express sights.

From 1939 Stoeger catalog:

Mauser Stoeger 1939 Page 42.jpg

MS ST39 50 Mannlicher Schoenauer Carbine Detail.jpg

MS ST39 50 Mannlicher Schoenauer High Velocity.jpg

Steyr Catalog (Mannlicher Schoenauer), 1936:

MS Steyr Catalog 1936.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg