Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Slovania
Can anyone recommend a good outfitter for a guided Whitetail or Axis hunt in Texas? I would like to go down there this or next season for a management or Trophy hunt.
Thanks.

Cant @gizmo help you? If i am not mistaken he has a ranch in Texas.

Message him and see.

Can anyone recommend a good outfitter for a guided Whitetail or Axis hunt in Texas? I would like to go down there this or next season for a management or Trophy hunt.
Thanks.

Just got home from a wonderful family hunt with the Lassell family, our hosts and owners of Port Sullivan Ranch in Texas.

They had Red deer, White Tail, Axis, Sika, Fallow, black buck, Texas Dall, Aodad, Eland, and Scimitar Oryx.

We wanted to get a shot on an Axis deer as it was included in the package we agreed to but they were VERY cunning and elusive. You would have a good time hunting them and you'll think very highly of the food and service with this family.

Very, very nice experience.

Just got home from a wonderful family hunt with the Lassell family, our hosts and owners of Port Sullivan Ranch in Texas.

They had Red deer, White Tail, Axis, Sika, Fallow, black buck, Texas Dall, Aodad, Eland, and Scimitar Oryx.

We wanted to get a shot on an Axis deer as it was included in the package we agreed to but they were VERY cunning and elusive. You would have a good time hunting them and you'll think very highly of the food and service with this family.

Very, very nice experience.

Thanks very much for the info, I will give them a shout

Thanks.

5franch.com my wife and i have hunted there twice,super great,people and fair chase hunt.

Bunch of options down here in TX..... depends on what you are looking for. Plenty of choices!

Thanks.
Tough to do because Axis are best now through July and obviously white tail Nov/dec.
I have two trophy Axis hunts available now for $2000 for a guided day hunt. Accommodations available and delivery to processor and taxidermist as needed included. On the trophy hunt Axis does for venison also available. PM for more info.
Regards,
Philip

Tough to do because Axis are best now through July and obviously white tail Nov/dec.
I have two trophy Axis hunts available now for $2000 for a guided day hunt. Accommodations available and delivery to processor and taxidermist as needed included. On the trophy hunt Axis does for venison also available. PM for more info.
Regards,
Philip

While it is possible to hunt whitetail and axis at the same time, there are always a few hard-horned axis during white-tail season if the outfitter has large enough of an axis heard. But, I would agree with Philip about the difficulty of planning a single hunt. Two better options if you want a two species hunt would be to hunt white-tail and fallow during white-tail season and hunt an axis with one of the sheep or goats during the summer. If you want three species add hogs. And if a fourth or fifth is desired you can call predators -- especially during a late fall hunt.

PS Great deal on trophy axis Philip!!!!!!

While it is possible to hunt whitetail and axis at the same time, there are always a few hard-horned axis during white-tail season if the outfitter has large enough of an axis heard. But, I would agree with Philip about the difficulty of planning a single hunt. Two better options if you want a two species hunt would be to hunt white-tail and fallow during white-tail season and hunt an axis with one of the sheep or goats during the summer. If you want three species add hogs. And if a fourth or fifth is desired you can call predators -- especially during a late fall hunt.

PS Great deal on trophy axis Philip!!!!!!
Thanks. Not trying to do both at once sorry if my post was not clear.,

I'd love to pile up a bunch of axis does for the venison!

Regards,
Philip

Philip that is a good price for a trophy axis and I will need to keep you in mind if you offer hunts. Do you happen to have any blackbuck also.

The Axis deer I saw at Port Sullivan Ranch recently were really impressive. They are sneaky and shy, no shots for my girl as they were 165 yards at closest. I was limiting her to 100 yard shots.

They still had does available also I think? I know they are done with red Hinds for the year but axis and fallow may still be available unless the bucks are shedding already?

Check out www.corleyranchtx.com It's my daughter and son-in-laws ranch. They have some great axis and whitetail at very reasonable prices. Great hog hunting too! Ask for my grandson, Bronc, to be your guide! He's nine You'll be in for a treat!

Reactions: TOM
Philip that is a good price for a trophy axis and I will need to keep you in mind if you offer hunts. Do you happen to have any blackbuck also.
Not at the moment but they are among my favorite animals. I'll likely have some in the future.
Philip

Not at the moment but they are among my favorite animals. I'll likely have some in the future.
Philip

They are super high on my list of animals I want to hunt. Would not mind hunting one in texas if I can find some at a good price. If not I may combo a blackbuck with some other stuff in argentina. Let me know if you ever get some on your place please

Ryan Longer can hook you up with anything in Texas. He is the most popular outfitter here. Look him up online or on Facebook. Ryan Longer Outdoors

Hello sir, give me a shout. I'd be glad to set a hunt up for you for axis deer.

I hunted with Leon Sontag at Maynard Creek Hunting last year for free range axis. I took a 34" axis on my first afternoon, and saw bucks as big and possibly bigger every time we were out. He also has some nice whitetail too. For the numbers of animals seen, quality, and reasonable price I will be back. His number is 713-503-9745.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg