WANTED: First Plains Game Hunt - Where/When?

I know my short time here on the forum I am always finding more things to ask or research, and trust me there is years worth of posts well worth reading. I am going to Africa in 2015 and bringing my wife, I have talked to a few outfitters already and my worries about if she will be looked after and enjoy herself have been assured by all. I am only planning on hunting 5 days out of a 10 day trip, leaving me a few days to do some day trips for photo ops and some real sight seeing. Try not to hunt every day if your wife is anything like mine, but she knows she will be taking pictures along the hunts, but want her to enjoy it as well. If I wanted my wife to not enjoy a hunt I would bring her on my yearly fly in moose hunt

South Africa has loads more to offer than just a hunt. IMHO a 12 day Plains Game hunt is ideal if you are going after many animals and if hunting is the only activity you want to do. On the other hand if you are only looking for a 4 - 5 trophies then it is way too long.

Why not then rather fly into Cape Town and enjoy the tourist sights like Table Mountain and the Waterfront and take your wife to the Spa and go and taste wine at over 300 wine farms in the Cape Winelands (South Africa's Nappa Valley) or play a round of golf or stay a night at the quint culinary hotspot of Franschoek or do some Whale watching in Hermanus etc. After you have thoroughly acclimatized and relaxed then a 4.5 hour drive will take you to the Great Karoo and the Beaufort West area for all the plains game hunting that you can imagine. Accommodation is top class and you can take along some of your own wines that you selected at your favourite wine estate.

Now that is a Hunting trip for you and your spouse....

South Africa has loads more to offer than just a hunt. IMHO a 12 day Plains Game hunt is ideal if you are going after many animals and if hunting is the only activity you want to do. On the other hand if you are only looking for a 4 - 5 trophies then it is way too long.

Why not then rather fly into Cape Town and enjoy the tourist sights like Table Mountain and the Waterfront and take your wife to the Spa and go and taste wine at over 300 wine farms in the Cape Winelands (South Africa's Nappa Valley) or play a round of golf or stay a night at the quint culinary hotspot of Franschoek or do some Whale watching in Hermanus etc. After you have thoroughly acclimatized and relaxed then a 4.5 hour drive will take you to the Great Karoo and the Beaufort West area for all the plains game hunting that you can imagine. Accommodation is top class and you can take along some of your own wines that you selected at your favourite wine estate.

Now that is a Hunting trip for you and your spouse....

Hi Bushman,

thanks for your response and the info... I think this is a great idea, and I would actually really enjoy seeing Cape Town myself...

Do you think 2 nights in Cape Town would be sufficient...? We are coming from Germany so jet-lag won't be an issue... Is that enough time to get a good first impression of Cape Town? Or would you say go for 3 nights?

I will be happy if I get 5 nice first trophies, so maybe 8-10 days of hunting then...?

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Charlie

Hi Charlie

I have sent you a PM. You can also contact Troy and Lori Spears on : 800-808-4868 / 406-363-0883

Lori can help you with all your flights there and back , she is great and many people on this forum will vouch for her as a great Travel Agent booking many flights all over the globe.

Travel Express
PO Box 493, Hamilton, MT 59840
Phone: 800-808-4868 / 406-363-0883
Fax: 888-690-1470
Email: TravelExpress@montana.com

WEBSITE: Travel Express: Cheap Airfare To Africa Low Cost Flights Travel Agent Discount

Troy also books hunts for me.

May you have a great experience with whom ever you decide to hunt with.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg