Wanted Factory 35 Whelen Ammunition

i just seen some on an auction coming up
Gun Collectors Dream Auction #47 on proxibid?

i have 4 boxes of 200 grain federal fusion and i have a set of new dies as well. Ill send you a pm with contact info.

Gents,

If you've got a box or two you'd be interested in letting go, please drop me a line. Just came into a gorgeous 700 BDL that I'd like to get on the range but won't be set up to reload for it until after hunting season.

Thanks!
@clockwork_7mm_gator
Congrats on your Whelen. You will be disappointed with factory ammo for the Whelen, it's a bit anaemic.
The whelen is a reloaders dream as the 250gr is able to be boosted to 2,700fps with a healthy dose of CFE223.
Bob

@YancyW
Sounds like it might be good stuff but what is their full power loads doing.
I get 2,950fps with 225s snd 2,700fps with 250s
Bob

This is just from memory, but I think they get an honest 2800 with the 225gr Barnes TSX.

I have used Tim's ammo for a long time, when I don't load my own, I have never not been happy with it.

If I remember correctly, you are using CFE223 for your top end loads?

This is just from memory, but I think they get an honest 2800 with the 225gr Barnes TSX.

I have used Tim's ammo for a long time, when I don't load my own, I have never not been happy with it.

@YancyW
Yes I use cfe223. That TSX at 2,800fps don't leave anything else to need. They would do the job well on most things.

@YancyW
Yes I use cfe223. That TSX at 2,800fps don't leave anything else to need. They would do the job well on most things.

CFE223 is really some amazing stuff, I bought a pile of when I realized COVID was going to wreck things for a while. I am very happy I did.

I know many people on here don't like the concept, but you can take a 235gr TSX in a 375 H&H and get well over 3000fps with it.

The 225 i had chrono'd at 2745 ish on average if i remember right. The Federal Fusion 200 grain we chrono'd same day did 2800+ fps.

****Anyway...i ended up finding that i have 6 boxes of the Federal Fusion 200 grain ( not 220) 35 Whelan rounds if anybody is interested in them. 200 grn doing 2,800 fps. Guess i better post it up properly but i have pm's op back on them with correction but have not heard back.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross