Wanted 257 Weatherby Mag Brass

Check the weather website, at times they have once fired brass

As much as the 257 intrigues me, the lack of components is inconvenient at best. I suppose if you happen upon some brass, I'd buy all you can stand if you plan to do a lot of shooting.

Brass for this round isn't that hard to make out of 7mm Rem mag brass, it is best to use new and not once fired but if you watch it once fired brass will work. You may also have to neck trip after sizing the 7mm brass and will have to work up the loads but it will work if you don't mind a different head stamp

I have shot a .257 for years. Never had trouble finding components until now. But than everything is hard to find right now.
As Toby458 said when you find it stock up a little.

Call Brassmanbrass, or check his website. They always have Weatherby brass for a reasonable price. If it's not listed or shows out of stock. Call him, he may have some but not enough to show on his website. I've done that and have scored. :)

I’ve got a Mark V ultralight 257 Weatherby and was running dangerously low on brass and bullets. A few weeks ago I just happened by one for sale that had a butt ton load of brass, bullets and dies that he was selling as a package deal with the rifle. I took a chance and asked if he would sell the bullets and brass and made an offer that was accepted! Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut! I guess my point is, keep an eye out and be patient and something may/will come along.

I may have some brass, but you'll have to wait until I check the reloading room at my fam farm (1-2 wks). 'Had 2 .257 Roys (burned the bbl out of 1 and sold the other to a friend, and replaced with a .257 AI.) I'll also inquire with the other rifle owner. It's a spectacular caliber for NA hunting! 'Used to call it the cannon! Once shot a deer 225 yards above us and no farther than 10 yds away horizontally...deer fell and rolled down to where we were standing. Guy I was hunting with said "does that gun do that every time? If it does, I need one of those!"

'Easiest way to make 257 Wby cases is to run 264 Win Mag cases through a FL 257 Wby die. ;) ('came to me in a dream about my old rifle.)

I’ve got a Mark V ultralight 257 Weatherby and was running dangerously low on brass and bullets. A few weeks ago I just happened by one for sale that had a butt ton load of brass, bullets and dies that he was selling as a package deal with the rifle. I took a chance and asked if he would sell the bullets and brass and made an offer that was accepted! Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut! I guess my point is, keep an eye out and be patient and something may/will come along.
@TNDave
That's one thing I can still get in Australia mate is 25 cal projectiles. Can't get much in the way of any brass period
Bob or primers but have plenty of both.

A month ago I was in Cabela's in Chrisitana, Delaware, there was a box on the shelf. Whether or not they'd ship, you'd need to call.

Johnathan and Toby, i told a bud about 257 WBY brass over at Buffaloarms.com, he bought a couple hundred sticks of new Norma [WBY] for around $1.80 each iirc, i have one of Roy's early 12 twist FN Southgate rifles in 257, i size only 0.257" of the case necks and never push the shoulders back, the brass lasts several firings, that said, i dont lean on my rifle too hard, being 12 twist, it will only stabilize the 100gr TSX and little 100gr A-Frames at a very easy and accurate 3500 fps with 65gr Norma 204 powder, that modest charge of powder is easier on the throat and the ears ; ] it simply melts white tail deer and pigs, it's a great round and Roy's crew done really nice work building the old FN rifles.

Good luck on the brass, hope Buffaloarms has some in stock for you men.

I just found 38 pieces mixed in my handgun brass as I just loaded up 400 120gr NP. Missed these somehow...lol now I'm out of bullets and primers... Weatherby Factory brass. PM me if interested.

20220501_164712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me to chime in that I checked all the boxes at the farm (big cardboard boxes!) and no 257 Roy brass was revealed. What sort of pro hunter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAngloPrussian

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.