W.J. Jeffery back in business!

My original .404 Jeffery is really a fairly basic rifle. Mauser 98 action 3 rd. magazine island 3 leaf rear sight simple ramp front sight. I do not have the original stock. Light and wel balanced. I love it.

From what I have heard there is a fantastic team of seasoned gunsmiths behind this business and they will be selling entirely British made Rigby type rifles at a fraction of the cost of those from Rigby.

They are advertising new David Lloyd rifles as well, but with an updated scope mount.

I hope it works out for them.

Price wise I think you are very wrong....as I said from talking to Richard and looking at a couple of photos he sent me they are high end rifles....definitely more expensive than the standard rigby rifles....more in line with the London best I would say....Richard is waiting for the website to be up and running , then he said he will come on here and give the info...

From what I have heard there is a fantastic team of seasoned gunsmiths behind this business and they will be selling entirely British made Rigby type rifles at a fraction of the cost of those from Rigby.

They are advertising new David Lloyd rifles as well, but with an updated scope mount.

I hope it works out for them.
That would be the team behind Charles Lancaster wouldnt it, rather than Jeffery?
I was looking at the David Lloyd rifles on their website yesterday

Price wise I think you are very wrong....as I said from talking to Richard and looking at a couple of photos he sent me they are high end rifles....definitely more expensive than the standard rigby rifles....more in line with the London best I would say....Richard is waiting for the website to be up and running , then he said he will come on here and give the info...
I had understood that the Ron Wharton brand would be used to produce a competitively priced Rigby type rifle.

That would be the team behind Charles Lancaster wouldnt it, rather than Jeffery?
I was looking at the David Lloyd rifles on their website yesterday
Yes, you are totally correct. I had thought it was the same people behind both but I am clearly mistaken.

I apologise for any confusion I have caused.

I had understood that the Ron Wharton brand would be used to produce a competitively priced Rigby type rifle.

Yes, you are totally correct. I had thought it was the same people behind both but I am clearly mistaken.

No worries at all
My 375 is being built by them at present

Ermmm....Ron passed away a while ago ....and he worked for Paul....and used the Ron Wharton from rigby header when he set up on his own...i know Paul long time ago asked him to stop using the rigby name in any way , as apart from working there he had no association with the company after he left.....

You should be happy. They are being built in Birmingham England is what the guy in the booth told me. You can probably figure it out from there.
Thanks for sharing Bob

I’m going to be at Westley Richards next week. Are you implying that I may see a Jeffery on the bench?

From my understanding, it might be worth asking. If you see any please share photos.

I’m going to be at Westley Richards next week. Are you implying that I may see a Jeffery on the bench?
Please give my regards to Steven and the team. I will be there in September.

Please give my regards to Steven and the team. I will be there in September.

Will do. I quite enjoy a visit to the shop. I am spending some time with ‘Trigger’ on this trip to discuss a potential build. I am really quite taken with their guns and they are
Somewhat more within reach than the offerings at H&H.

Will do. I quite enjoy a visit to the shop. I am spending some time with ‘Trigger’ on this trip to discuss a potential build. I am really quite taken with their guns and they are
Somewhat more within reach than the offerings at H&H.
WAB,

No sure if this is your first trip to the factory, if it is you will be absolutely amazed by what you will see. Also when you arrive, pay attention to what’s right next door.
If it’s a choice Between WR and Holland, for me at least, I would and did go with the Westley Richards, in my opinion they produce the the finest available bar none. The best decision I ever made. I also suggest really listening to Triggers recommendations on your ideas for your build, he really helped me bring my build to perfection. Also if you are going to spend time in London, I would recommend having dinner at Rules in covenant gardens. Yes a little a tourist like but it has a great atmosphere and the Roe Deer venison was outstanding when we were there. Not always on the menu though. I hope you place your order and begin the journey to your dream rifle. It will be worth it with WR!!!!!

JP

I have been through WR previously, and you’re right, it is a treat. I have good friends at H&H and Rigby and have been through both of their facilities as well. I do own a Rigby, but I’ve never managed to talk myself into a Holland & Holland. Although I love their rifles and guns, the air is just a little thin for my pocketbook. Westley Richards seems to be of like quality at a somewhat more manageable price
point.

I didn’t notice next door as I have ubered right to the shop. What am I missing?

I have been through WR previously, and you’re right, it is a treat. I have good friends at H&H and Rigby and have been through both of their facilities as well. I do own a Rigby, but I’ve never managed to talk myself into a Holland & Holland. Although I love their rifles and guns, the air is just a little thin for my pocketbook. Westley Richards seems to be of like quality at a somewhat more manageable price
point.

I didn’t notice next door as I have ubered right to the shop. What am I missing?
PM Sent.

Reactions: WAB
Thanks spike.t, I have joined the forum here (finally. missed the confirmation link! )and happy to see the interest in Jeffery rifles. Also happy to say the web site is now up for all to see the new limited edition rifles. Thanks for the interest!

Thanks spike.t, I have joined the forum here (finally. missed the confirmation link! )and happy to see the interest in Jeffery rifles. Also happy to say the web site is now up for all to see the new limited edition rifles. Thanks for the interest!
Do you have a link for the website Jackman?
Cheers Alby

Is this the website?

Very Beautiful Rifles!

I had a very good visit to Westley Richards on Wednesday. These rifles look eerily similar to rifles I handled in the build room.

The Westley Richards bolt guns are some of the most exquisite rifles I have seen. I would have to rate them more highly than many of the London best rifles I have handled, and they are about 2/3 the cost of a London best. I am seriously considering a build in 8x68. I have to inventory the safe and the garage to see what would need to be liquidated to justify the purchase!

Being in Birmingham on business every month or so would make the adventure that much more enjoyable.

Hi Richard good to see you finally appeared :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrenGril

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.