Vortex Fury HD 5000 Range Finding Binocular

Good post TTundra. Anyone that thinks the alphas are not prone to breakage is kidding themselves, or doesn't have much experience. I personally knew of 6 Swaro scopes go belly up (1 of them was mine) when talking to various hunters that came to our camps. A guy could search a couple of the big hunting forums and find numerous examples of Leica binos, along with their spotty customer service, going south, and every other brand for that matter.

As to rookhawk's claims about owning the best....I'm all for it. Problem with that argument is you could likely add up all the animals he and his kids have ever shot, and that wouldn't come close to the number of animals I've culled with a Tikka rifle alone.

I just bought the vortex fury hd 5000 and at Redlegs suggestion also bought the Zeiss Victory RF10x45 . The vortex were $999 and the Zeiss were $1749.
After looking judging whitetail racks at 400 to 1000 yards in reg light and low light I can’t see any difference . Vortex are handier , lighter , and although I don’t like buying Chinese the Vortex warranty and the $750 will help me get over it.
The zeiss are going back!
I also tried the new Zeiss at $ 3300 and they were a cut above .

Bought the Fury HD 5000 binos for my trip to Africa back in June. I qualify for one of their discounts which is another reason I went with them. For the price they’re hard to beat. Worked well for my dad and I. glad I made the purchase. Glass is clear, easy to use, and tough.

- Sycamore59

@JGRaider how many animals with your tikka? (Squirrels and mice don’t count, unless they were cooked and eaten)

As for vortex fury binoculars: I bought a pair last summer and have about 60 days hunting and 15 or so scouting with them. The glass is good enough and the range finder has worked from 90 degrees to -5. For my budget, they work wonderfully. I’ve used the Leica and am impressed, but I don’t think they are worth 2x the vortex.
The reality is I will have a bette opinion in a few years of use.
2 friends liked the vortex fury enough that they each bought them.

I just bought the vortex fury hd 5000 and at Redlegs suggestion also bought the Zeiss Victory RF10x45 . The vortex were $999 and the Zeiss were $1749.
After looking judging whitetail racks at 400 to 1000 yards in reg light and low light I can’t see any difference . Vortex are handier , lighter , and although I don’t like buying Chinese the Vortex warranty and the $750 will help me get over it.
The zeiss are going back!
I also tried the new Zeiss at $ 3300 and they were a cut above .
If you have a problem with the refund let me know.(y) I'll make you an offer. My son needs a a great range finding glass.

@JGRaider how many animals with your tikka? (Squirrels and mice don’t count, unless they were cooked and eaten)

Over 300 "big game" animals. For years we culled numerous unwanted aoudad in the W TX Trans Pecos and caprock areas, and loads of whitetail does on MLD ground. Been shooting Tikkas for over 20 years now FWIW. This doesn't include hundreds of wild hogs.

I took a set of Vortex Furys to Kodiak and got rid of them as soon as I got back.
The glass quality is abysmal.
My son brought my 30 year old Swarovski SLC 7x30’s and they saved the day.

Time spent is hours glassing and split seconds ranging.

If you’re trying to stay in that price range you’d be better off buying used high end glass and an inexpensive Rangefinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg