USPS to Botswana

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 2, 2017
Messages
628
Reaction score
910
Location
USA , GA
Media
46
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
1
While in Botswana this year I learned that my PH had never seen any of the Planet Earth series. Upon learning this I immediately told him I would remedy that for him.

On July 24th I took the package, Planet Earth I, Planet Earth II, and two Snickers bars, to the UPS store. The attendant told me that the only valid shipping method his systems showed was USPS. At first I thought, oh well, and paid the $85 for the shipping. When I left the store the I started having second thoughts about how exactly our dysfunctional USPS could managed to coordinate with at least two other government postal systems to get it there safely.

I'm pleased to say that not only was it delivered to Ghanzi, Botswana yesterday, I got text messages from USPS at every juncture of the journey. It went through at least 4 different countries on its journey.

Miracles never cease.
 
I was waiting for this to be a nightmare story

Glad to read good news
 
Very nice of you to send that to him. Hopefully the snickers didn't melt.lol
 
Very nice of you to send that to him. Hopefully the snickers didn't melt.lol
Lol, it could be confused like the baby Ruth in the pool in Caddy Shack! LMAO
 
I'm shocked... :eek:
my experience of a usps shipment to Zambia took approximately 13 months. o_O
I ordered again after waiting 12 months, shipped it with Fedex and the first parcel rocked up a week or so after the second! :D
Luckily botswana post didn't decide to "inspect" the chocolate bars!!! :ROFLMAO:
 
Sounds like all the stars were aligned !
 
Maybe some of our techies can chime in on this but to the best of my knowledge, U.S. DVDs don't work in South Africa and other African countries.
Aside from that, I sent a package to South Africa, USPS. Four days to South Africa and another two months to get to the local post office and be delivered. We bitch about our postal system but I wouldn't trade it for theirs.
 
I pretty much expected that the package would disappear with no explanation or recourse available. The fact that I received text messages at every stopping point was quite unexpected.

It has been reported that the snickers arrived in fine shape. I also expected them to be a disaster.
 
Glad it not only made it but made it so quickly! Minor miracle for sure
 
US Postal's bike delivery service. Enough steroids will even get you to Botswana.

dpa-us-postal-team-rider-lance-armstrong-from-the-us-yellow-jersey-D3GK59.jpg
 

Attachments

  • dpa-us-postal-team-rider-lance-armstrong-from-the-us-yellow-jersey-D3GK59.jpg
    dpa-us-postal-team-rider-lance-armstrong-from-the-us-yellow-jersey-D3GK59.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 240
Maybe some of our techies can chime in on this but to the best of my knowledge, U.S. DVDs don't work in South Africa and other African countries.
Correct different system are used, PAL/SECAM is used in Africa and NTSC is used in the U.S. and Canada.

pal-ntsc-secam.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,585
Members
169,376
Latest member
VirgilDupu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top