Using a Rage Hypodermic

I used Rage extreme and blew thru everything Wildebeest, kudu, gemsbuck, nhayla, impala, warthogs if you feel comfortable with the shot placement with them use them. Took Muzzys for backup just in case but I was pretty happy we killedalot and didn't have any misses or lost animals. Your set up sound pretty similar to mine you will have to use fixed for big stuff like Giraffe and Buffalo think it is the law over there. Alot of guys with some good info on other threads who are adamantly against rage and mechanical blades I would just take both and use the one you feel you shoot the best.
Thanks
 
I just harvest this Buck yesterday and @ a 20 shot, he ran 35 yards and crashed.
I heard Africa animals have stronger bones but after harvesting 7 bucks with rage two blade hypodermics, I feel if I get at least 18 to 24"s the animal expire.

DSC00230.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be surprised if you are hunting in a blind one afternoon, that a "gun hunter" hunted that same morning. I'd stick with the fixed blades.
 
My Bless-buck I harvested, he came in and gave me a 28 yard shot, I clip the back of his lungs and he ran around 125 yards and fell over.
What a hunt.
I used my slick trick magnums.
Great hunt
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 307
This was a great hunt,
I harvest this wide mature lmpala Ram at 23 yards, double lung.
The arrow exited and the tracker found it 50 yards pass the animal.
That arrow was smokin.
He ran 75 yards and dropped.
Amazing hunt.

IMG_0372.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a hunt this was, the huge kudu bull came in looking for cows and gave me a 25 yard shot and I got the heart and lungs , he went 80 yards and laid down.
We waited 30 minutes and when to get him pass through and great blood trail.
Fixed blade slick trick magnums.
Horns measured 53 1/2"
Awesome hunt.
Thanks guys

IMG_0396.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mixed luck with rage products. Look into Ram cats. They fly like fixed but back cut and become mechanical if they don't pass through. Most accurate broadhead I've tried with good cutting action and a very strong chisel tip.
 
Keep it going Ice man I wanna see more ! Congrats !
Glen
 
Great animals and glad to see the slick tricks are working. I would not use any other head to hunt with myself.
 
Had a Awesome hunt yesterday.
This warthog came in for a drink and gave me a 28 yard shot and ran out of blood @ 30 yards and dropped.
Slick trick magnums are awesome.
Video coming soon on all of my hunts.

IMG_0418.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had another great evening, I saw a young wildebeest with some cows and lots of kudu cows with young bulls only then this thick horn Impala Ram came into the water hole, I couldn't say no.
He was at 30 yards and the slick trick magnum broke his shoulder.
He ran 98 yards and dropped.

IMG_0433.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Ice man. Nice shooting. Pigs and Impala are string jumpers, so you are on a roll! Looks like both you the Halon are in sync!
 
Any more pics?
 
My last one and the hardest to get on.
I had 6 encounters with this big bull and couldn't close the deal.
He came in yesterday at 4:45 @ 13 yards with some younger bulls and cows .
I put the pin on the spot and hit the release.
The arrow was on the mark and he ran 100 yards and my PH watched him drop on the dirt road where we drove in.
Fantastic finish.
Ice man

IMG_0471.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mixed luck with rage products. Look into Ram cats. They fly like fixed but back cut and become mechanical if they don't pass through. Most accurate broadhead I've tried with good cutting action and a very strong chisel tip.
I used the slick trick magnum and they performed well beyond my expectations.
6 animals and only the bless buck ran 250 yards because my shot was a little back but the rest never made it pass 100 yards.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,571,938
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top