husb0023

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA (WI,MS,LA,CO) CANADA (MB)
So I moved to Louisiana about 5 years ago from Wisconsin and to be honest I never imagined that I would be out hunting gators some day. Luckily the Louisiana Wildlife started a public alligator lotter hunt. So this year I put in for my first tags and I ended up being drawn to hunt an area called Mancac WMA. I ended up laying lines that first Saturday of alligator season, hoping blindly that an alligator would grab it but not having a lot of hope.

Well, good things happen to beginners, I ended up catching a 6' 8" and 5' 8" alligator. I finally had some confidence and half an idea of what I was doing so I laid my last two hooks near where I had seen a 10 footer. Came back the next day to a very nice 7 1/2 foot male alligator on the line.

All in all it was a great success for my first year... 3 tags, 3 gators and I processed them all myself. Thank god I have an understanding wife who let me scrape hides in the living room so I didn't have to be out with the mosquitos and searing heat. Gotta love a good woman.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Husb,

Thats a good alligator trophy you procured , must have been a very fine experience, Congratulations !!! & hats off your better half who did permit you to do cure this large lizard hide inside your home , yes You got to love a good WOMAN !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!