USA: Arctic Grizzly

Guy M, that was a great report and pics. of the Grizzly hunt. You mentioned that you hunted black bear previously, how about sharing those hunts with us as well?

Guy M, that was a great report and pics. of the Grizzly hunt. You mentioned that you hunted black bear previously, how about sharing those hunts with us as well?

I will do so.

Sounds like an amzing hunt, thank you for sharing!

Trophy books don't really matter in my opnion. Or if they did, they should record how much work you put in for your trophy and how rewarding it felt after you bagged him. Wading through Arctic streams repeatedly would score you a couple points all by itself! Congratulations! It's so much more about the adventure and skill for me than it is about the animal you put down. That has always been sort of the anti-climax for me as it is always a bit sad because that is the end of the adventure until next time. I am going out again after black bear and I most certainly am not going to score a "trophy." Does that deter me in the least from putting the work in? Absolutely not! Also, I am very impressed with the performance of your .30-06. Did the job admirably!

Also, I am very impressed with the performance of your .30-06. Did the job admirably!

As am I. If I hadn't had encouragement to do so from the Outfitter, I would have left the 30-06 at home and taken the .375 H&H. But he assured me the 30-06 with heavy Nosler Partitions would do fine, and it surely did.

The hide from my bear is still at the tannery, hoping to have it home early in 2018.

Regards, Guy

Updated, with a photo of the tanned hide. The fur is incredible!

gOt2pvJl.jpg

Attachments

• gOt2pvJl.jpg
    gOt2pvJl.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 191
Quite an adventure, Guy.....................thanks for the write up. I may have one last adventure in me, and would like to hunt the Colville drainage....your report fired me up!..............great bear and wolf.....FWB

Guy, that is a proper hunt in some of the wildest country left on earth. I spent a lot of time in that country when I lived in Fairbanks, so I have a pretty good idea how hard you worked. You should be very proud of that trophy!

Congrats, that is a beautiful grizzly! I would have loved the wolf hunt too! What a great adventure!

Great pics and write up Guy! Hell of a bear from up there. I’ve never been to Africa for dangerous game (maybe next year) but hunting grizzlies gets my heart pounding like no other. Congrats!

Well I don't know about posting put can you please PM me the guide?

Thanks!

That sounds like one heck of a hunt! Congrats on such a beautiful bear!

Can’t believe I missed this report, wonderful!

Can’t believe I missed this report, wonderful!
Well I’m glad you did cuz now I didn’t. ;)

Great report on a fantastic hunt. I’m jealous…and impressed with the -06. We’ll done!

What an adventure!! Incredible pair of trophies and sounds like a fantastic hunt!! Checked out that outfitter, and their combo Moose, Caribou, and Bear hunt sounds like a dream trip for NA…..hopefully I can get up to Alaska after I’ve gotten to Africa!

What an adventure!! Incredible pair of trophies and sounds like a fantastic hunt!! Checked out that outfitter, and their combo Moose, Caribou, and Bear hunt sounds like a dream trip for NA…..hopefully I can get up to Alaska after I’ve gotten to Africa!

It's enjoyable as all get out. Challenging too. Mosquitoes when the weather is nice, then cold, wet and windy when it's not nice. Little backpacking type tents, no fire. Long periods of stillness, watching and glassing, interspersed with moments of intense activity...

I loved it and hope to go back for caribou and/or moose.

Regards, Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg