US PH in SA

Scott,

Another thing to keep in mind is that you wil have to...........................eat my freshly made Eland liver, if you live and work in SA that's a non-negotiable!:confused:
 
Scott

My Dad helps with the hunting and he isn't a PH. You need 1 PH for 2 clients . So if you come with 3 hunters then I need 2 PH.
Which I already have.
There are a lot of things that you can help with like driving , braaiing steaks , loading animals , general admin with regard to the hunt and making sure every one is having a good time . You can always hunt 1 or 2 animals yourself in-between

I would not recommend doing a PH .

We can work out something . Mail me if you have time

Willem thats very nice of you. Scottie that sounds like a job offer just remember our winter may be cold but it's there summer and it can get hotter then hell, have fun with it.
 
Scott,

Another thing to keep in mind is that you wil have to...........................eat my freshly made Eland liver, if you live and work in SA that's a non-negotiable!:confused:

You got it, if things work out...

Remember I have eaten the food you prepared, and I don't doubt for one second that the .... sorry ... liver will be just as good as everything else you prepared( which was fantastic)...

Willem may be right, Friday I got a response back from SAP, and they are suggesting dual citizenship, which is fine, but I may still pursue the PH thing. Only thing I guess I worry about is exactly what Willem and others have brought up. If I bring folks from the US, then fine, but helping locals it sound like there is really not that much of a demand for. Like I said before though, there is a lot to consider, before I make any move/action.

Capehunter, whats next, 90kg Warthog testicals????:whistling:
 
teenhunter have you got PH on your mind?

Just a quick note...
As teenhunter's dad, I can also answer this :-)

Isaac is 13, crazy about hunting and has hunted with me many times in Africa. He has shot many animals, including his first big five last year (see pic), shot with a 375 H&H.
You can say I am a proud of my son...

This being said,and coming back to a few comments that were made, I keep telling him that to be a good PH, with a reasonable chance to be successful, it seems that these days you need to offer more than a simple PH license. I hope he will go to do a master in biology, or similar, and my suggestion then will be for him to do some hotel school or similar (especially if you want to owrk in SA or Namibia).

What do you guys think of it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 180
Just a quick note...
As teenhunter's dad, I can also answer this :-)

Isaac is 13, crazy about hunting and has hunted with me many times in Africa. He has shot many animals, including his first big five last year (see pic), shot with a 375 H&H.
You can say I am a proud of my son...

This being said,and coming back to a few comments that were made, I keep telling him that to be a good PH, with a reasonable chance to be successful, it seems that these days you need to offer more than a simple PH license. I hope he will go to do a master in biology, or similar, and my suggestion then will be for him to do some hotel school or similar (especially if you want to owrk in SA or Namibia).

What do you guys think of it?

I think you've got a great idea, as we have a saying here in the states don't put all of your eggs in 1 basket. the more you have to offer your clients the better off he will be, keep up the good work dad! Nice Buff.
 
:D:)
Just a quick note...
As teenhunter's dad, I can also answer this :-)

Isaac is 13, crazy about hunting and has hunted with me many times in Africa. He has shot many animals, including his first big five last year (see pic), shot with a 375 H&H.
You can say I am a proud of my son...

This being said,and coming back to a few comments that were made, I keep telling him that to be a good PH, with a reasonable chance to be successful, it seems that these days you need to offer more than a simple PH license. I hope he will go to do a master in biology, or similar, and my suggestion then will be for him to do some hotel school or similar (especially if you want to owrk in SA or Namibia).

What do you guys think of it?
 
I think the only way a person can become a successful PH in Africa....and not be a native to the country is to have a lot of ties to potential clients from their native country. Being a good salesperson will always count for something at the end of the day. Being a great hunter and having a passion for the hunting counts....but at the end of the day $$$$$ counts for everything usually.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,793
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top