Two hunters sharing one rifle case?

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
700
Reaction score
1,100
Location
Michigan
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Just wondering if it was allowed, either entering SA or entering back in the States. Each hunter has 1 rifle, but it is a double rifle case. Or would the owner of each rifle have to have their own seperate case? Forgive me if it seems like a stupid question, but with all the changes going on, I don't want to be misinformed. Thanks......
 
I used 1 case with two rifles, for both myself and my father on our trip in 2016 and it was no problem at all with TSA, airlines, customs, or SAPS
 
I also shared a case with another hunter. No problems, but that was 5 yrs ago.....
Bruce
 
I used 1 case with two rifles, for both myself and my father on our trip in 2016 and it was no problem at all with TSA, airlines, customs, or SAPS

Did you both complete SAPS520's as individuals?
 
Yes, separate SAPS, 4457, and airlines form(s), but both rifles in one case.

Then everything should have been just fine and obviously was.

So much depends on country of origin, in-transit countries and final destination.
 
I would take 2 different cases and use the extra space to put other items in there such as clothes, items you want to bring back, shooting sticks(if you take them) and such. My cases have 2 pieces of foam on each side. I took one piece out and placed clothes down 1st then the one piece of foam on top of them. Then the rifle(s). I did this on both trips I took. The 2nd trip I only had one rifle case with 2 rifles since I was alone.
 
I would take 2 different cases and use the extra space to put other items in there such as clothes, items you want to bring back, shooting sticks(if you take them) and such. My cases have 2 pieces of foam on each side. I took one piece out and placed clothes down 1st then the one piece of foam on top of them. Then the rifle(s). I did this on both trips I took. The 2nd trip I only had one rifle case with 2 rifles since I was alone.
My point exactly, you are allowed 2 - 50lb bags so what is the advantage of packing guns with someone else?
 
I'd say each take your own case. If the case with 2 guns should get lost you both are out of luck.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,046
Members
169,889
Latest member
flavbemonra1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top