Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
South Africa
For you guys that use a cut a cut on impact two blade broadhead, the KME broadhead sharpener is hard to beat. It maintains a consistent angle and is super easy to use for those that are "sharpening challenged" lol.

For my trip to South Africa this August, all of my recurve arrows will be tipped with either the Zwickey Delta or the Ace Standard. It will also work with single bevel broadheads as well. For me the trip prep is almost as much fun as the trip and getting your broadheads scary sharp is one of the most critical steps in being prepared at the moment of truth.

KME.jpg

This Grizzly broad head gets scary sharp using this method. I finish it off on the edge of a paper sharpening wheel on a bench grinder. It is a task that must be done carefully. It results in an edge you could do surgery with. I place the sharpener on the wheel with it at a stop then cycle the switch on and off until I have a mirror finish. The Zwikey and Ace broad heads all got the same treatment.

20170601_071953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one of these contraptions in the mail. Looking forward to trying it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BillK

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.