Trophy Solutions?

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Heath Johnson, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Heath Johnson

Heath Johnson New Member

Video/Photo:
    Good evening, we recently returned from an awesome hunt in Limpopo Province and delivered our animals to Trophy Solutions. We toured their facility and looked over some mounts. We are trying to decide whether to use them for taxidermy or dip and pack. If anyone on here has used them for taxidermy please tell me your experience and whether you would use them again or not. They have some nice mounts and seem to run a good shop. The quote I received from them was considerably less than one I received in the states. I would save thousands even after paying the shipping charges. I just dont want to have all our memories look like shit and not last if they dont do a good job. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Philip Glass and Von S. like this.

2. The Artistry of Wildlife

The Artistry of Wildlife SPONSOR Since 2014 AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe,Botswana,Tajikastan, Mozambique, Zsmbia, South Africa, Canada, England, Kyrgyzstan
    Pm to you in inbox

Heath Johnson likes this.

3. Tango

Tango AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    I’ve used them twice for a variety of European style mounts and plains game rugs after hunting with Makonya. The work has been excellent along with the communication and coordination with the export company, Zingela. Prices seemed fair though I can’t say I shopped much regarding costs. Just received last years taxidermy and everything turned out wonderfully. The packing and crating is also first class. Never any damage. I’m no expert with exotic taxidermy, my wife only goes for European mounts, but Trophy Solutions’ work, attitude and communication has been better by far than any US taxidermist I’ve dealt with. I have 2 elk mounts with damage due to poor packing between MT and FL. YMMV.....

Again, I’m not claiming to be an expert, but I did learn this year that you should specify your cargo airline when possible. This years shipment went with El Al Cargo into Miami and they charged an outrageous daily storage fee (while my paperwork was being processed by the US Govt) vs Delta Cargo who charged a fair flat rate the previous year. My Miami importer (also excellent) told me to specify Delta Cargo into the US when possible. PM me with any further questions.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019

4. Mark Biggerstaff

Mark Biggerstaff BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    My two cents for what its worth. Have them do dip and pack. Have your Taxidermy done in the states!!! You will be alot happier this way. If there are problems with mounts done here in states you cam handle issues easier.

5. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    I’d love to be able to help you and I’d be willing to bet I can get it done for a price you can live with. I can’t do it for the bargain basement pricing they do over there but I will do it for a fair price and provide absolutely top notch work.

6. Mark Biggerstaff

Mark Biggerstaff BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I did use them for dip and pack in 2018. As for how they did on that ask gizmo as he has my mounts now doing the Taxidermy work

7. SafariA

SafariA AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    I have a lot of clients over many years use them ! Great team ! Great work !

8. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    I had them do 2 mounts for me and was really happy. My Nyala turned out really well. I think it would depend in how much customization you want done.

9. The Artistry of Wildlife

The Artistry of Wildlife SPONSOR Since 2014 AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe,Botswana,Tajikastan, Mozambique, Zsmbia, South Africa, Canada, England, Kyrgyzstan
    Heath Never got that email you were sending
    Dennis,
    Thanks

10. PARA45

PARA45 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
    Get them done in the States. I don't know anything about the taxidermist you plan on using, so I can't say anything about them. However, based on my own experience, and the experience of others, I would do them here in the States. Have them do the dip & pack, and bring them home.

11. Philip Glass

Philip Glass AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, Zimbabwe, Texas
    Trade off in time versus quality more so than money I think. 1 year to your wall versus maybe 3 years. You must be the judge of what quality you expect. Tough decision is all I can say.
    Philip