Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Elsewhere on AH there is a thread about my 9,3x62 Mauser being restocked and reworked. As that was not enough I ran into a ZG 47 in 30-06 a while back, rifle was in very very good condition, but I decided to have the stock redone. I managed to get hold of some African Blackwood and cut a new forend tip and grip cap, stripped the stock and that is all now with the GS waiting to be re worked before I finish the stock with a oil finish.
While all of this was happening I placed a bid on a ZKK 602 in 375H&H with the pop up peep sight. I was hoping to rebuild it to 458Lott, but the gun sold for way more than I expected. That may just have been luck as I ran into a ZKK 602 project that needed to be finished, the owner had given up due to his GS not being able to fit it in his work schedule for 3 years. It was also a pop up peep ZKK 602, but already fitted with a 458Lott barrel,it use to be a 358 Norma Mag, not very common in the ZKK range. Anyway I bought it and it too is now with my GS. The action needs to be opened up and smoothed out a bit, rear and front sights fitted and the stock inletted for the slightly heavier profile barrel. All and all it seems to be a solid rifle.
DSC_1489.JPG
DSC_1488.JPG
DSC_1542.JPG
5800542551.jpg
IMG_30261.jpg
IMG_30271.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.