Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I am transiting through Ethiopia on my way to South Africa with two rifles. I have not found a specific form for the Ethiopean border authority for the firearms. I have the Canadian export, SAPS and Ethiopian Airlines forms. Am I missing one for the Ethiopian border authority?

Have you checked out africahunting.com? I am on that forum and there is a lot of information there about this topic.
I am heading over in August but am flying United to Jobo through Newark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked out africahunting.com? I am on that forum and there is a lot of information there about this topic.
I am heading over in August but am flying United to Jobo through Newark.
Sorry, I thought I was posting to help a guy on another forum. Long day! I think I'll go have a scotch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I thought I was posting to help a guy on another forum. Long day! I think I'll go have a scotch!
But yes, I did search that particular forum. :D

There was no Ethiopian firearm permit when I flew through on way to Zimbabwe last year, just the Ethiopian firearm declaration. However, make sure you declare to the people at desk before your flight to Addis Ababa you have a firearm and not just on initial check in at your home airport.

I was through Addis Ababa twice recently, there and back.
1, Copy of your passport.
2, Proof of ownership of the firearms concerned. (My licences sufficed)
3, The Ethiopian airlines form.
That worked ok for me anyway. Have a great trip.

Thanks guys, it looks like I have everything needed. I appreciate the confirmation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!