Trajectory

Rear Echelon Mother F****r

All You Others.....see above...... aka......paper pushers......water "jug"/cooler, coffee cup holders/huggers, desk jockeys, etc.

However these terms/acronyms Do Not refer to today's military personnel who are serving in non combat MOSs in hostile/combat areas. As discussed ven rear area personnel are in a constant threat of being attacked, wounded, or killed.

REMF does work well in today's corporate world in my career path. HQ (and other) "experts" analyzing problrms and dictating solutions from tens or hundreds of miles away vs well educated & experienced "boots on the ground" to borrow another phrase, with direct interface with the problem. The company pays more for both such in-house consultants and outside consultants, and it would make things "look bad" if someone demonstrates this philosophy is out of whack . . .

All praise the emperor's new clothes or be branded a troublemaking maverick heretic!

Refer to Dilbert cartoons involving Ratbert the consultant and the pointy-haired boss.

Still better than being in academia IMO

As to the original question, there's a near infinite number of variables you can add to the equation. How much they matter is an important question. It's a chaos theory/butterfly effect problem. Much like the weather, with all the satellites, ground stations, supercomputers, and competition added in recent decades: the added variables are just more things to calculate and we're still lucky to have a halfway decent forecast 7 days out.

REMF does work well in today's corporate world in my career path. HQ (and other) "experts" analyzing problrms and dictating solutions from tens or hundreds of miles away vs well educated & experienced "boots on the ground" to borrow another phrase, with direct interface with the problem. The company pays more for both such in-house consultants and outside consultants, and it would make things "look bad" if someone demonstrates this philosophy is out of whack . . .

All praise the emperor's new clothes or be branded a troublemaking maverick heretic!

Refer to Dilbert cartoons involving Ratbert the consultant and the pointy-haired boss.

Still better than being in academia IMO

My wife always thought Dilbert was comedy till she went to work for a large corporation.

50 mile rule: Anyone that travels 50 miles or more to tell you something is an expert
Corollary: The farther someone travels to tell you something, the more of an expert they are.

Usually these "experts" will cause a FUBAR situation ( F----- up beyond all repair/recognition).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaniaMorfo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!