Tipping

Speedster

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
244
Reaction score
490
Media
14
Hunting reports
Africa
2
I am taking my son along as an observer. Is my assumption correct that he only needs to tip the cook and the housekeeping staff?
 
Speedster,

He doesn't "need" or have to tip anyone.

....and for that matter, neither do you.

When you go out to a restaurant do you specifically go into the kitchen and tip the cooks? I have asked for the chef to see me at the table and we'll have a glass together.

At that restaurant I also don't tip the guy who mows the lawn ,washes the windows or the guy who cleans the grease traps either.
 
If you haven't got the time (lots of time!) to wade through the thread to which @Royal27 has referred you, I would say that based on my experience, you need not tip "extra" for someone with whom you are sharing a room. If your son has his own room, then a small tip may be in order to the housekeeping staff. As for cooks, etc., then you might want to increase your tip slightly, but not nearly by the amount which would be more usual if he was an independent hunter.
 
Nobody needs to tip anyway. If you are happy with the service you can hand out some money but you don‘t have to. I‘m a ph and guide, if a client tips me I feel very awkward, almost insulted.
 
If you haven't got the time (lots of time!) to wade through the thread to which @Royal27 has referred you, I would say that based on my experience, you need not tip "extra" for someone with whom you are sharing a room. If your son has his own room, then a small tip may be in order to the housekeeping staff. As for cooks, etc., then you might want to increase your tip slightly, but not nearly by the amount which would be more usual if he was an independent hunter.

Plus 1
 
i hate the mandatory tipping,its bullshit.you want extra money,add it to the bill,but dont call it tipping.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,231
Members
169,291
Latest member
micimistcu1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top