The spring is officially here, the sheriff has left town, what do you do..

Accidental Villain

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Norway Canada England Kenya Zimbabwe
The spring is officially here, sun is shining, the sheriff has left town (she`s at work), kidz at school...half bored to death here at home office. Now,,what do you do..?)
About time to get my favourite guns out of the safe, let the sun warm up the stocks and give them a light wipe over and some oil.
Had my first Moderna vaccine about a month ago go so no worries about the Corona. Should be about 60% safe so I`ll give it a go..
F704D228-61A3-4173-B17F-B6289FEDFEBE_1_201_a.jpeg

In addition to that, I might be visiting local range, or do some plinking in backyard. Nice guns, btw.
Thanks.
Sure, as soon as the ranges around here reopens. Two of those rifle are real rarities so they never see the range. Only to eventually check zero prior to hunt.

The spring is officially here, sun is shining, the sheriff has left town (she`s at work), kidz at school...half bored to death here at home office. Now,,what do you do..?)
About time to get my favourite guns out of the safe, let the sun warm up the stocks and give them a light wipe over and some oil.
Had my first Moderna vaccine about a month ago go so no worries about the Corona. Should be about 60% safe so I`ll give it a go..View attachment 398352
@Accidental Villain
Forget wiping down the stocks with oil. Get yerself some Gilleys gun wax and polish. Brings the wood up real nice a mind dust just wipes off and it repels water.
Bib

Sure @Tra3

1st. Is a vintage Rigby 416 for big game. I really like this one. As a former rock musician and guitar player one really learns how to appreciate top quality master built guitars. Standing in front of 1000+ crowd and opening the show with a fast difficult riff you definitely want tools that gives you necessary confidence. Same with this rifle. One of I believe 347 ever built. Rigbys are great.

2 nd. Is an Civilian Oberndorf M98 custom of my own design. About 400 yrs old straight and dense grained Ruglans Regia "full fiddleback" walnut. 26" original Mauser profile barrel. It is made with open sights as primary sights. Slight "cast off". It shoulders just as a great shotgun. Long barrel for optimum balance but also long distance between front and rear sight for increased precision. I won`t take any credit for it though. Its the gunmaker that just nailed it. Hand inletted action. No bedding mess in this one. I believe there are a number of exact copys of this one made. Even an South African I was told having some difficult work done to his 470 double picked my rifle out of the shelves and immediately ordered one. As I said, NO credit to me. Its the work of a classically schooled master gun maker.
Of course 8x57JS. Boring on paper, I know, but, very deep, straight line penetration equal to 9,3x62 with a proper bullet.

3 rd. Is an early production 1967 Brno ZKK 602 in 375H&H. This one has lots and lots of history. Have shot all the big 5 and a large number of elephants. Some legal, some not so entirely. Partly why I call myself Accidental Villain here :D
Believe I even have the original cloth bag with "single trigger" and disassembly tool somewhere.

4 th. Is a Beretta 682S. Helps me not to embarrass myself to much on the skeet range ;p
When the Importer/agent over here got a new shipment I was let into the warehouse, examined all the shotguns and chose this one. Even-though I truly suck with a shotgun I really like shooting this one. Skeet shooting is btw great training for fast target acquisition and fast controlled trigger pull I think.

Last edited:
Forget wiping down the stocks with oil. Get yerself some Gilleys gun wax and polish. Brings the wood up real nice a mind dust just wipes off and it repels water.
Bib
Sure Bob. I am sure some nice gun wax would do the trick. I am just very conservative;) I am learned to once a year apply a thin lair of oil to the stocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg