The Shikari Who Slew 81 Panthers & Is Not Finished Yet

Thank you for the history of an accomplished man!

What would he do with the skins/skulls of the panther? Did he keep them? Give them to the community or victims family?
Tra3
Thank you so much for your kind words.
He would donate the skins to the local people . However, he has kept three skins for himself which are in his house.

Yup think you should go ahead and the two of you write a book on his adventures and yours...it would be a shame for these to be lost...as will never be repeated and should be preserved :D Beers:
Spike t
I am very grateful for all of your support. I sometimes really do feel like putting all my adventures to paper . All of you gentlemen always give me encouragement and sometimes l feel that writing a book is the best way to preserve the memory of my deceased friends
. However , l have a genuine fear that the anti hunting people in the world may attempt to use my book to demonize hunters. As you have read my accounts , readers will see how many unethical things l had to do to keep clients alright , including : shooting animals repeatedly , using Folidol to weaken leopards , guiding a client who wounded a Royal Bengal tiger to force it to charge , breaking into a tiger reserve , turning a blind eye towards tribal poachers and that does not even encompass half of the other things we had to do. While , we were doing all this under orders of our clients or Sundar Raj sir and never on our own initiation , l fear that the anti hunting people may use the book to slander hunters and paint a negative picture of hunting.
For instance , take Captain Newaz . People in my country view him very positively and rather tease him that he has not reached a hundred panthers yet. However , other people who have never had to contend with dangerous animals may accuse him of uncontrolled wanton slaughter by ignoring the fact that he killed 72 panthers over a period of fifty years. Here , l know that l can give the whole unabridged account to my fellow forum members , due to the massive amount of respect you all treat me with and the fact that no body here judges me , since you all know that l lived and hunted in a different time under orders from my employer.

Screenshot_20191013-132418.png

Hey , look Mr. Rahman :D
I found a pic of an Eley catalog selling the Grand Prix shells your friend used to use. Apparently , these were originally used for slugs. :)

To me, referring to any wild big cat as "not that dangerous" is an absurd thing to say, especially when you are in its territory, on the ground and by yourself, but I have never faced one and doubt I ever will. I suppose it shows how human beings can become accustomed to nearly anything if they are smart, brave, fastidious and skilled. Thank you again for the wonderful story!

Kawshik,please please please, {my mom always said that if you asked 3 times it had to happen]write those stories down they must be saved for our grandchildren,The antis and vegans be dammned real hunters and conservationist understand that we do what we must at the time,to live in fear of a wild animal out your back door or down by your water source has to be horrible.I implore you write the books if for no oyher reason than for me and other old farts that will never be able to experience it in person we can at least do it by reading your writings I wish you a very happy and prosperous new year.

To me, referring to any wild big cat as "not that dangerous" is an absurd thing to say, especially when you are in its territory, on the ground and by yourself, but I have never faced one and doubt I ever will. I suppose it shows how human beings can become accustomed to nearly anything if they are smart, brave, fastidious and skilled. Thank you again for the wonderful story!
Ryan80
It is our intention to introduce Captain Newaz to this beautiful community as well . I do believe that you will take a liking to this gentleman very quickly . He is unrivalled in fearlessness. But with a tally of 81 leopards till now , l do not think any words can describe exactly how efficient he is , in dealing with man eating leopards .

Kawshik,please please please, {my mom always said that if you asked 3 times it had to happen]write those stories down they must be saved for our grandchildren,The antis and vegans be dammned real hunters and conservationist understand that we do what we must at the time,to live in fear of a wild animal out your back door or down by your water source has to be horrible.I implore you write the books if for no oyher reason than for me and other old farts that will never be able to experience it in person we can at least do it by reading your writings I wish you a very happy and prosperous new year.
Crudeoildude
Come now . There will be no more referring to yourself as an "old fart" . I am 77 years of age myself , while Poton is 79 years of age. None of us are spring chickens. However , l am certain that you are still involved every bit in hunting even now , just like we are.
Poton is writing a book in his free time , titled " Man - Eater : Descent Into Depravity " . It will deal with his and my pursuits after man-eating leopards in India in the 1960s decade . The book is expected to be completed by the end of this year . Because of your heart felt appreciation of our writing , l will ensure that one of the very first copies reaches your hands . Does that sound good ?
Happy New year to you and your beautiful family and may this upcoming year be a fortunate and prosperous one to us all , in the hunting community.

Spike t
I am very grateful for all of your support. I sometimes really do feel like putting all my adventures to paper . All of you gentlemen always give me encouragement and sometimes l feel that writing a book is the best way to preserve the memory of my deceased friends
. However , l have a genuine fear that the anti hunting people in the world may attempt to use my book to demonize hunters. As you have read my accounts , readers will see how many unethical things l had to do to keep clients alright , including : shooting animals repeatedly , using Folidol to weaken leopards , guiding a client who wounded a Royal Bengal tiger to force it to charge , breaking into a tiger reserve , turning a blind eye towards tribal poachers and that does not even encompass half of the other things we had to do. While , we were doing all this under orders of our clients or Sundar Raj sir and never on our own initiation , l fear that the anti hunting people may use the book to slander hunters and paint a negative picture of hunting.
For instance , take Captain Newaz . People in my country view him very positively and rather tease him that he has not reached a hundred panthers yet. However , other people who have never had to contend with dangerous animals may accuse him of uncontrolled wanton slaughter by ignoring the fact that he killed 72 panthers over a period of fifty years. Here , l know that l can give the whole unabridged account to my fellow forum members , due to the massive amount of respect you all treat me with and the fact that no body here judges me , since you all know that l lived and hunted in a different time under orders from my employer.

Kawshik: Do not fear the anti's. That is exactly what they want, and for us to be quite. That way we will not be heard over their BS.
What was done in the past should be remembered in history, be it good or not.
I vote that you guys write the book!! I am also sure there are many others that feel as l do.

Thank you for your writing here. It is wonderful reading
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg