AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Most of youy know that I use the New Zealand made Scary Sharp sharpening system to put the edge on all the blades I make and having had some good feedback on the knives I talked to the makers of the system and suggested a simplified hunters pack that had all that was required to keep your blades as sharp as they come to you. This is a video of what is in the pack and how to assemble it for use and I have added the short video to the end of it that I uploaded a week or two back on how using it to sharpen the knives I send off to customers
I have worked out pricing for the unit to send to African countries which unfortunately has to go by Express courier so it travels in country via DHL rather than going through the post office. Other countries can be couriered by standard international courier or again by the Express courier which has a higher cost. Regardless of mnethod all units are by tracked delivery systems.
I can offer the pack either with a pair of the same stones I use or you can choose your own stones from your local outlets.

Very interesting and effective system.
What is the cost with stones delivered to the USA?

Very interesting and effective system.
What is the cost with stones delivered to the USA?
I can do these for US$375 Dave (with stones) delivered by the same tracked courier system as I send the knives.
Price for the unit delivered without the stones is US$285

What kind of stones are they? What are the two stones grits? Thanks
They are Norton stones with the one at 180grit on the fine side and the other at 320 on the fine side. With that and a strop is how all my knives go away. I made a mistake in the video saying that one was silicon carbide as I have them but prefer these particular pair.

as a hand use guided system, the scary sharp is clearly the rolls royce of sharpening systems.
you can build or rebuild an edge quickly and accurately with it having the length and stiffness it has.
bruce.

as a hand use guided system, the scary sharp is clearly the rolls royce of sharpening systems.
you can build or rebuild an edge quickly and accurately with it having the length and stiffness it has.
bruce.
Certainkly is quick and very efficient Bruce.

Another scary Sharp unit away and this one will be for use in a commercial situation where sharp knives are needed on a daily basis.

I have had the Scary Sharp system for about a month now. In that time I have sharpened about 30 or so knives. Never have I been able to get an edge on a knife like I can with this sharpener. I have done folding and fixed blade. Basic kitchen knives as well as knives that are used in commercial butchering/meat processing. Well made. Easy to set up and use. A great edge every time. Not the first knife sharpening tool I have purchased but it is certainly the best and and very possibly the last.

I have one ready to go Randy.
I’ll be laying down some pretty heavy hints to my better half as the holidays near. :giggle:
Thanks again!
I enjoy looking over your knives as well. The list may grow.
It’ll probably cost me a remodel of a couple of her favorite rooms...but that’s ok....priorities!;)

I’ll be laying down some pretty heavy hints to my better half as the holidays near. :giggle:
Thanks again!
I enjoy looking over your knives as well. The list may grow.
It’ll probably cost me a remodel of a couple of her favorite rooms...but that’s ok....priorities!;)
Very happy to help your wife get the house she wants ;) ;)

180grit on the fine side and the other at 320 on the fine side.
Do you only use a 320 grit on your blades? I thought it would be more like 600?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg