The right pistol technique?

No, because there are techniques to draw your handgun, and shoot your way out of them. This is the technique taught when someone is too close to you. You see this technique used on one of the John Wicks movies.

View attachment 494384

Havent seen Rob's face in a few years..

He attended/audited a class I taught several years ago when he was just getting started with SWAT Magazine... and we kept in touch for a long time afterward... Good dude.. and pretty damn good with a handgun.. Very knowledgeable of legalities and dealing with post shoot scenarios... For the typical civilian looking for some handgun/defense training.. He's a solid choice IMO.. Hes been around the block for a couple of decades at this point, and very much takes the individual citizen in a defense situation approach to training as opposed to much of the cool guy, high speed, "tactical" angles you see a lot of other instructors and companies taking post 20 years of the GWOT (not that HS/T training isn't a lot of fun and doesn't have value as well)..

Last time we linked up he was sharing a booth with Melissa Bachman of Winchester/Deadly Passion at the NRA convention in Nashville in 2015.. So its been a while.. I might have to reach out to him and see how life has been treating him :)
 
Under stress, you do what've always done before.
I think that the best technique is practice hitting what you are shooting at quickly and from any position with both hands. That may or may not involve using sights or using a particular stance or grip or style. Just effectively hit your target.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,180
Members
169,918
Latest member
WildHare
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top