The Dangerous Game Rifle "The Alaskan" from Montana Rifle Company

The Montana Rifle Company website says that "The Alaskan" MSRP in USA is USD1949. No idea how to get one in Oz.
Add about 50% to this for the exchange rate. Someone will be an importer. At $3000 it’s an all weather big game rifle. That seems reasonable.
All these people got me thinking about a .416Rem now. I don’t want to part with my CZ550 because it’s timber stocked and is “The Safari Rifle” in my small collection. aka Elephant gun.

Add about 50% to this for the exchange rate. Someone will be an importer. At $3000 it’s an all weather big game rifle. That seems reasonable.
All these people got me thinking about a .416Rem now. I don’t want to part with my CZ550 because it’s timber stocked and is “The Safari Rifle” in my small collection. aka Elephant gun.
I was in cleavers a couple of months ago and they where unpacking a boatload of new MRC's

what makes a timber stocked gun an elephant gun over a synthetic?
bruce.

what makes a timber stocked gun an elephant gun over a synthetic?
bruce.
Nothing, just my mindset. Africa the good old days and Safari and traditional rifles. I’m only 47 but I just like that traditional look and I think African Safari rifles make me think timber stocked. Alaska makes me think Synthetic. Bear hunting etc.
In my safe the Safari rifle CZ 550 timber is stocked. I started with a .458wm, sold it to fund the.375, I sometime refer to it as my elephant gun.
You wouldn’t Hunt Africa with a synthetic would you?
Next you will say you use a Blaser in Africa:A Stirring::A Blowup:

I would hunt anywhere with a synthetic stock, for preference, as long as it was not one of those plastic monstrosities.
I suspect lord haw haw would have done so too given the choice.
bruce.

@bruce moulds Yes cheap plastic stocks are cheap and nasty. Good composite stocks are expensive as are Carbon fibre etc.
I understand the advantages a good composite stock has and I have a couple of laminated stocks for the concept of better stability.
Honestly I’m in a hot dry climate, none of it matters much. I prefer the old traditional look if I want a nice rifle. My Tikka CTR wears a factory synthetic stock. I dubbed it “Ugly Betty” it’s short and used from the car, I won’t get precious if it’s scratched but it’s practical and gets use.
I’m not going to Alaska but I could I would prefer a good synthetic/composite like “The Alaskan” in the title.
Now if Lord Haw Haw was a sophisticated gentleman of yesteryear he would have used a bespoke traditional rifle from a distinguished English maker.
If Lord Haw Haw is still alive and hunting he may well use the latest developments in sporting arms. For all I know he might be hunting with my Nigerian uncle! He was going to pay me back but I think he went hunting on my money.
They probably bought matching Blasers with his plastic thumb hole stocks to spite me.
Now I’m not a Blaser brasher because I haven’t seen one but again I like the classic traditional look.
If I could buy a Blaser I’d like nice timber on it.
Don’t take any offence to this I’m just trying to explain myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!