"The 89B"

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
In short, with a year's out build time out of the equation, I regret the opportunity to purchase an 89 that was readily available, to a point. There were some spec's that didn't appeal?!? ..

I was curious 89 owner's POV's, pics "if you care to share", etc. &..
their 577. I've seen receiver sizes up to 500 N.E. in the 89, however how much difference is in the receiver, is it strengthened/Bolstered when built for the 577?
Many Thanks! They are Beautiful!
 
The frame sizes have not changed between the 88B and 89B as I have been told. Below is a picture. Note that you can have a .577 in either a large frame or a jumbo frame with corresponding weight and cost increase.

1620068602240.png
 
Unhappy with your Krieghoff?
I haven't even looked at the enclosed targets, etc, let alone Shoot it!

I'm formally in quarantine, .. if the weather breaks, ill take it out this week & report. I'll say though, for a stock build it's an excellent fit! .. perhaps actually using it may suggest otherwise?
 
The frame sizes have not changed between the 88B and 89B as I have been told. Below is a picture. Note that you can have a .577 in either a large frame or a jumbo frame with corresponding weight and cost increase.

View attachment 400110
Thank You. ..
 
Last edited:
The 89's, in appearance are stunning!
... I have yet to see an "Essencia" rifle?
 
https://www.ziegenhahn.de/ Thank You Chris.

With respect to the particular 28 I had the opportunity to handle, it was a breed apart .. respectfully so considering the above. I'm sure their rifles out of the equation, for me at least.
 
The frame sizes have not changed between the 88B and 89B as I have been told. Below is a picture. Note that you can have a .577 in either a large frame or a jumbo frame with corresponding weight and cost increase.

View attachment 400110
...available in .22 Hornet!!!

HWL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,856
Members
169,446
Latest member
rakadoaka
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top