www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Here is a Texas Dall I just finished up. It did not come from my ranch.
IMG_3484.JPG

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
Looks great! You have TX Dall don't you?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I like it!

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Erik you do much better work than your predecessor;)

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Looks great! You have TX Dall don't you?
Yes sir, my animals are of absolute top quality which is reflected in the overall hunting experience and way I do business at my place. The above is an example of a immature animal from a place that was more worried about money that quality.
It is really a strange transition from being an outfitter and a taxidermist. Please don't take this wrong, but I find myself often wondering why in the world some (emphasis on some) outfitters allow and encourage clients to shoot subpar or immature animals and passing them off as "trophies". It's one thing to have a old old cull animal who is exactly that but to market such as a "trophy" really chaps my rear.
I'm sorry for the rant but this particular animal was sold to the client, who depended on their knowledge and experience, as a trophy when in reality it was a very young animal. This is what a mature Texas Dall should look like.
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
Note the mass and number of growth rings on the sheep I have posted. Each, though some are heavily broomed or more narrow, are much more mature rams.
But to answer your question specifically, yes I have them as well as many other species of exotic sheep and goats.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
The first and last ram pictures are stunners !!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
The first and last ram pictures are stunners !!
Thank you, of the exotic sheep we have been blessed with great rams. Here are a few more that fall into that category which were show stoppers.

IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2243.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
All of those rams are beautiful, but there's something about that second one that really appeals to me even though he doesn't flair out like the rest. Love that one.

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
All of those rams are beautiful, but there's something about that second one that really appeals to me even though he doesn't flair out like the rest. Love that one.

I was there when @Bullthrower338 took it and I thought it was really cool trophy as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DennyBowes

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG