Taxidermy/Pack and Ship

BMD

AH enthusiast
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
355
Reaction score
748
Media
139
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
7
who does the best job in South Africa in Limpopo area with care of the capes, skulls, and horns. Reiser handled my Namibian safari and all was good I am getting work done here in states just want to know the best place to insure proper care for my capes. Thanks help is appreciated
 
So many choices here, do your research. I am sure you will get many suggestions on this thread also. I looked into 5 -8 guys in the Limpopo, Polokwane, Joburg area. Ended up going with Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane, very reasonable rates for dip/ship and good communicator. Best of luck
 
How were the capes did you discuss their work with your taxidermist here.
 
I havn't actually got them back yet( hunt was this past May). Yes I discussed everything with my taxidermist before I left about certain ways to cape the animals depending on pose desired, to making sure I knew everything I needed to know about the skinners taking care of them, salting them, etc. My taxidermist, and many on this site also have more times than not had good enough dip/ship work done on the capes. I am not worried about it put it that way.
 
I am best friends with my taxidermist and a lot can be repaired but I see the capes and and how the come back more times than not it isn't good. I will likely skin, flesh and salt my own the skinners in Africa suck for the most part. I can't tell you how much stuff comes back jacked that the taxidermist is left to repair or fix. I am very picky with my trophies and don't want him to have to fix an issue that could have been avoided with proper care.
 
Certainly if you are capable of skinning and fleshing yourself, then there is nobody better to take care of your stuff then you! If I was able in this department I would probably do it myself as well
 
Definitely but they still have to be cared for bugs can be issue in Africa, they need to remain dry after salted
 
Reedy I've also used Capricorn and thought they had good communication, I had bug damage on several capes but I don't know if that was there or at the outfitters. Swift Dip in Thabazimbi have done the best job for me out of 7 that I've used.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BMD
Trophy Solutions recently handled my shipment- all was good and as promised they shipped within 100 days.
 
Any word on Africa Artistery Taxidermy on how they do handling the capes and their dip and ship
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,205
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top