Taxidermy/Pack and Ship

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
who does the best job in South Africa in Limpopo area with care of the capes, skulls, and horns. Reiser handled my Namibian safari and all was good I am getting work done here in states just want to know the best place to insure proper care for my capes. Thanks help is appreciated

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
So many choices here, do your research. I am sure you will get many suggestions on this thread also. I looked into 5 -8 guys in the Limpopo, Polokwane, Joburg area. Ended up going with Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane, very reasonable rates for dip/ship and good communicator. Best of luck

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
How were the capes did you discuss their work with your taxidermist here.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I havn't actually got them back yet( hunt was this past May). Yes I discussed everything with my taxidermist before I left about certain ways to cape the animals depending on pose desired, to making sure I knew everything I needed to know about the skinners taking care of them, salting them, etc. My taxidermist, and many on this site also have more times than not had good enough dip/ship work done on the capes. I am not worried about it put it that way.

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I am best friends with my taxidermist and a lot can be repaired but I see the capes and and how the come back more times than not it isn't good. I will likely skin, flesh and salt my own the skinners in Africa suck for the most part. I can't tell you how much stuff comes back jacked that the taxidermist is left to repair or fix. I am very picky with my trophies and don't want him to have to fix an issue that could have been avoided with proper care.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
Certainly if you are capable of skinning and fleshing yourself, then there is nobody better to take care of your stuff then you! If I was able in this department I would probably do it myself as well

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Definitely but they still have to be cared for bugs can be issue in Africa, they need to remain dry after salted

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
Reedy I've also used Capricorn and thought they had good communication, I had bug damage on several capes but I don't know if that was there or at the outfitters. Swift Dip in Thabazimbi have done the best job for me out of 7 that I've used.

Reactions: BMD

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
Trophy Solutions recently handled my shipment- all was good and as promised they shipped within 100 days.

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Any word on Africa Artistery Taxidermy on how they do handling the capes and their dip and ship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norine6849

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.