Taxidermy/Pack and Ship

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
who does the best job in South Africa in Limpopo area with care of the capes, skulls, and horns. Reiser handled my Namibian safari and all was good I am getting work done here in states just want to know the best place to insure proper care for my capes. Thanks help is appreciated

So many choices here, do your research. I am sure you will get many suggestions on this thread also. I looked into 5 -8 guys in the Limpopo, Polokwane, Joburg area. Ended up going with Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane, very reasonable rates for dip/ship and good communicator. Best of luck

How were the capes did you discuss their work with your taxidermist here.

I havn't actually got them back yet( hunt was this past May). Yes I discussed everything with my taxidermist before I left about certain ways to cape the animals depending on pose desired, to making sure I knew everything I needed to know about the skinners taking care of them, salting them, etc. My taxidermist, and many on this site also have more times than not had good enough dip/ship work done on the capes. I am not worried about it put it that way.

I am best friends with my taxidermist and a lot can be repaired but I see the capes and and how the come back more times than not it isn't good. I will likely skin, flesh and salt my own the skinners in Africa suck for the most part. I can't tell you how much stuff comes back jacked that the taxidermist is left to repair or fix. I am very picky with my trophies and don't want him to have to fix an issue that could have been avoided with proper care.

Certainly if you are capable of skinning and fleshing yourself, then there is nobody better to take care of your stuff then you! If I was able in this department I would probably do it myself as well

Definitely but they still have to be cared for bugs can be issue in Africa, they need to remain dry after salted

Reedy I've also used Capricorn and thought they had good communication, I had bug damage on several capes but I don't know if that was there or at the outfitters. Swift Dip in Thabazimbi have done the best job for me out of 7 that I've used.

Reactions: BMD
Trophy Solutions recently handled my shipment- all was good and as promised they shipped within 100 days.

Any word on Africa Artistery Taxidermy on how they do handling the capes and their dip and ship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois