Taxidermy back

gearguywb

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,226
Location
KC
Media
12
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
S. Africa, Namibia, Alaska, Germany
Happy to say that the animals made it back from SA fairly quickly.

Buffalo, 2x Zebra, Nyala, Blue WB.

1 Zebra will be a rug, the other I want to use for something like a bench seat in the man cave.

The Nyala will be a shoulder mount.

Buffalo....hmmmm. I had the hide for a shoulder mount sent but not at all sure that I want to do that due to size, etc. Thinking something like a shield that may eventually have more than one buff on it.

The BW is another question mark. Leaning more toward an Euro mount.

Any pics/suggestions for the above? We will be in Nashville and hopefully see some different examples.

Thanks!
 
I am guessing you just did a dip & pack in RSA and are now sending them to a taxidermists in the US. How long from the end of your hunt until you received them?
 
I had some rifle bags made from my buff - bomber!
 
Wow, that was quick. Looking at your profile that was one helluva buffalo you took! With those deep dropping horns I think it would look exceptional as a European skull mount on a pedestal. I recommend getting the cape tanned if you later decide you want a shoulder mount. Damn, what a buffalo you took.

IMG_6165.jpeg
 
I did this with my black that I hunted in 2023.. its a granite base. Probably my favorite piece of taxidermy in the whole house other than my cowboy squirrel

If I ever go back, I want to get a matching blue with the same setup

IMG_0397.jpeg
 
The brindling of blue wildebeest make beautiful mounts but the unique skull also looks good as a euro. I mounted my blue but did my black as a euro and have been pleased with the results.
 
I did this with my black that I hunted in 2023.. its a granite base. Probably my favorite piece of taxidermy in the whole house other than my cowboy squirrel

If I ever go back, I want to get a matching blue with the same setup

View attachment 745167
well we gotta see the cowboy squirrel!!!!!
pics please!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTA
The brindling of blue wildebeest make beautiful mounts but the unique skull also looks good as a euro. I mounted my blue but did my black as a euro and have been pleased with the results.

My wife took one look at my blue wildebeest hide and told me I had to mount it! I didn’t argue as I had planned to euro mount both my blue and black. She also chimed in that the black would look pretty good mounted next to the blue. Again no argument from me. Only have to find room on the wall or build a pedestal for them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,177
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top